W suite guarantee

I'd be very happy with that stateroom. We had 9242 on the other side on Oasis last week and were very pleased. The hump staterooms have larger balconies than non-hump staterooms.

Excellent! thank you so much for all your advice and insight!

• 7 months later...
Just know that as soon as your JS is assigned, you can look at our favorite site that shows all open rooms, and move from yours to any open JS. We have moved with W JS rooms from a very forward one to the center on the hump balcony.

Just curious, what is that favorite site? We have a W gty for upcoming Oasis cruise and no assignment yet, but it looks like there aren’t many options left. Also wondering what the process is for assigning guarantee rooms. Twice we’ve been assigned GS on a W gty...hoping for luck again. Thanks!

Just curious, what is that favorite site? We have a W gty for upcoming Oasis cruise and no assignment yet, but it looks like there aren’t many options left. Also wondering what the process is for assigning guarantee rooms. Twice we’ve been assigned GS on a W gty...hoping for luck again. Thanks!

What’s your cruise date? We can’t name the site here but if you search for scan the sea cruise you should find it.

Hope it’s assigned soon.

Here’s what’s showing open. 17 cabins:

14626, 14630, 14236, 10630, 9226, 9626, 9632, 8240, 7232,7632, 7636, 7642, 7644, 7648, 6248, 6644, 6648

If I were assigned something else, I’d move to 8240. It’s on a hump, deeper balcony, and Deck 8 is our favorite with Central Park and the Cafe there, plus a lovely park shortcut to get to the front of the ship.

Here’s what’s showing open. 17 cabins:

14626, 14630, 14236, 10630, 9226, 9626, 9632, 8240, 7232,7632, 7636, 7642, 7644, 7648, 6248, 6644, 6648

If I were assigned something else, I’d move to 8240. It’s on a hump, deeper balcony, and Deck 8 is our favorite with Central Park and the Cafe there, plus a lovely park shortcut to get to the front of the ship.

Wow, not sure how you found all those but thank you! We’re usually on 6 or 7 with quick access to the Boardwalk (2 kids), but might try 8 if we get the chance. I wasn’t able to see all those open rooms but I’m going to dig around. Looks like those are all JS?

I forget to look there! It shows 15 of the 17 cabins shown on the other site. Anyway, they both give a good idea. I just saw Bob’s recommendation, and he always has good advice. We have had cabins on 8, 9, 10 and 12 on Oasis class. Can’t remember one I wouldn’t want again.

Edited by internetwhiz

Please go look at a deck plan.

Found it, thank you. It wasn’t showing me the open JS on deck plan until I zeroed out the number of children. If I entered only 2 adults it opened up that whole JS category of rooms. I was really hoping there were no more JS rooms available. This is a helpful site, thanks again for your help!

Someone mentioned 2 adults, 2 kids. That limits the number of JSs.

That’s what I didn’t know...took me tinkering to see that. There’s 4 of us so maybe that changes the availability picture. Anyway, I’ll try to sit right until they assign our room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That’s what I didn’t know...took me tinkering to see that. There’s 4 of us so maybe that changes the availability picture. Anyway, I’ll try to sit right until they assign our room.

You can still look on a regular deck plan and see the JSs that have spaces for 3rd and 4th persons in them. The legend is filled with triangles and crosses that mean beds for third and fourth people. You just need to do some looking or kick back until one is assigned to you. I’d rather see more of a room type available. To me, it means I’m more likely to be assigned soon, and more likelihood if there are better decks available I would have a choice to move. Take care. Happy hunting.

I called royal last week to see if we could do any room upgrades (2 adults and 2 kids in a balcony). they told me because final payment has been made they cannot make any changes. unless I wanted to pay a penalty, which isn't happening. btw, sailing 4/13

I called royal last week to see if we could do any room upgrades (2 adults and 2 kids in a balcony). they told me because final payment has been made they cannot make any changes. unless I wanted to pay a penalty, which isn't happening. btw, sailing 4/13

I think they told you wrong. You can always upgrade by paying the difference between what you have already paid and the current price of the new stateroom.

You can always upgrade by paying the difference between what you have already paid and the current price of the new stateroom.

unless the price for the new stateroom is for new bookings only under a GGG sale or any other excuse RCI would use to not allow it.

As usual, call back and will likely get a different answer.

unless the price for the new stateroom is for new bookings only under a GGG sale or any other excuse RCI would use to not allow it.

As usual, call back and will likely get a different answer.

I paid after final payment for upgrade from balcony room to suite guarantee with no problem. The only thing that I learned afterward that they didn’t tell me was I lose any onboard credit promotions I had and current promos don’t count since they are for new bookings. I’m still trying to battle that one.