New Drinks Package

Booked our cruise on Independance early last year, since then Royal have changed the drinks packages. We were given a complimentary Select Beverage Package thus no longer exists.

Has anyone been in the same position and already cruised.

If so did you pay the difference and upgrade or were you just given the new package. Many thanks.

Booked our cruise on Independance early last year, since then Royal have changed the drinks packages. We were given a complimentary Select Beverage Package thus no longer exists.

If so did you pay the difference and upgrade or were you just given the new package. Many thanks.

They will honor the terms of your Select package.

You can also upgrade to the Deluxe package. Royal had initially promised a $10 (plus 18%) upgrade fee, but it seems their memory of that promise is fading and there have been some recent reports of $15 per day cost.

Many thanks, I received an email from them today saying 30% off all on board pre bookable excursions, drinks, restaurants etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's on selected items . Got 60 bucks CND off the beach bunglow at Labdee but drink pkg went from 62 bucks CND to 72 bucks CND . Thanks goodness all ready booked it !

Edited by Gatorspuck
Mistake

Many thanks, I received an email from them today saying 30% off all on board pre bookable excursions, drinks, restaurants etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The 30% off email for the UK is not as it seems, so don't be fooled by it!! Some prices have increased and showing they have been discounted!!

Be extra vigilant!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I got the Select package free for my B2B cruise on Adventure in September with the intention of upgrading to the Deluxe on-board. After complaining to RCI I got it in writing that I can upgrade to the new package for just $10 per day. I'll take that with me when I board and if they don't honour it I'll go mad!

They will honor the terms of your Select package.

You can also upgrade to the Deluxe package. Royal had initially promised a $10 (plus 18%) upgrade fee, but it seems their memory of that promise is fading and there have been some recent reports of $15 per day cost.

Our friends got it for $11.80 per day on Oasis when we cruised at the beginning of the month, although prior to sailing Royal told them it was decided by the ship and could be anywhere between $10 and $15 per day, I think the higher price applies on European sailings and includes VAT. One friend did not upgrade and the terms of the select package were honored

The 30% off email for the UK is not as it seems, so don't be fooled by it!! Some prices have increased and showing they have been discounted!!

Be extra vigilant!!!

Haven't seen the email. Can you explain please

I've just been on Radiance of the seas I got given a free select package last year .I never upgraded, on my sea pass card it said bp Beer package . I don't drink but i got coke and no alcoholic cocktails and never got charged .

Edited by eightofninekev

I got the Select package free for my B2B cruise on Adventure in September with the intention of upgrading to the Deluxe on-board. After complaining to RCI I got it in writing that I can upgrade to the new package for just $10 per day. I'll take that with me when I board and if they don't honour it I'll go mad!

I spoke to Royal this morning and was told it depends on the ship and could be anything from $10/20.

Who did you speak to please ?

I've just got off of the Navigator of the seas, when I originally booked I had a deluxe drinks package which included all beverages up to $9. This excludes bottled water ($3) a pop.

I rang RCI before the cruise as they changed the drinks package to Ultimate a few months before we sailed. Presumably to make it more appealing.

I was told categorically on the phone that I could upgrade on the ship for $10 extra a day. When I got on the ship I was told $15 a day to upgrade. Was not happy and felt cheated.

I've just got off of the Navigator of the seas, when I originally booked I had a deluxe drinks package which included all beverages up to $9. This excludes bottled water ($3) a pop.

I rang RCI before the cruise as they changed the drinks package to Ultimate a few months before we sailed. Presumably to make it more appealing.

I was told categorically on the phone that I could upgrade on the ship for $10 extra a day. When I got on the ship I was told $15 a day to upgrade. Was not happy and felt cheated.

If you had Premium before you would have been upgraded to Deluxe FOC...

Are you sure you weren't given 'select' as part of the booking ?

Some have mentioned the possiblity of the 18% gratuity and European VAT being added to the $10, which would bring the cost to around $15.

Have recently been on Indy (sailing out of Southampton) and also Oasis with the select drink package included and on both ships we were charged $10 plus 18% so $11.80 per person per day. I didn't have to prove anything or argue, it was just smoothly changed :D

Haven't seen the email. Can you explain please

Hi Babs, here is a copy of the email.

div.preheader { display: none !important; }

Pre-book from a range of top notch onboard services and shore excursions

View online | Unsubscribe Calls cost 7p per minute plus your network access charge rci-weh-logo_x2.png Call: 0844 493 2060 Calls cost 7p per minute plus your network access charge rci-weh-logo_mobile_x2.png rci-weh-call_x2.png precruise-hero-170617.jpg GET MORE WITH UP TO 30% OFF*

Sometimes more, is actually less. Add these special experiences to your Royal Caribbean cruise, and not only will you enjoy more, you'll enjoy up to 30% off the price. Treat yourself to a refreshing beverage package, stay connected with discounted Wi-Fi or discover more of a destination with one of our fascinating shore excursions. Selected ships and sailings. Terms and conditions apply.

Hurry-offer only available 17 - 20 June 2017!

BOO *Promotions apply to new bookings made between June 17th – June 20th 2017 on selected ships and sailings departing between 1st July 2017 to 15th December 2017 and made via the Cruise planner. See www.royalcaribbean.co.uk for a list of eligible sailings/offers and full terms and conditions. Transactions must be completed no later than two days prior to the booked sailing. Promotion is non-transferable and not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts or any other offer or promotion.

www.avg.com