Giovanni's Table

Our meal at Giovanni's on Freedom was a REAL disappointment and Giovanni's has always been my favorite. Terrible service and worse food. My daughters loves tiramisu and it came out like soup it was all runny. And, they did NOT offer the filet any more which I understood to be the new menu change. Can anyone verify if they have indeed added the filet back. Our previous trip on Freedom we did 4 dinners in Giovanni's because our waiter was awesome and the filet was the best we ever had. Going on Harmony this year so anxious to try the new offerings and Coastal Kitchen. Thanks for all the info.

Our meal at Giovanni's on Freedom was a REAL disappointment and Giovanni's has always been my favorite. Terrible service and worse food. My daughters loves tiramisu and it came out like soup it was all runny. And, they did NOT offer the filet any more which I understood to be the new menu change. Can anyone verify if they have indeed added the filet back. Our previous trip on Freedom we did 4 dinners in Giovanni's because our waiter was awesome and the filet was the best we ever had. Going on Harmony this year so anxious to try the new offerings and Coastal Kitchen. Thanks for all the info.

Apparently there are different GT menus on different ships. At Meal With an Officer, the HD said that LB was in its 6th variation. As of last week, the filet and Osso Bucco were on the LB menu.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the Freedom transatlantic in April and had the filet....and everything was good. Probably a one off with the tiramisu.

Thanks to all of you for the info. We were on in April this year and filetwas nowhere to be found. ITA that it was always better than the one in Chops. Our scallop app was like shoe leather (no one could chew them). So many misses last time and that had never been our experience previously. Will give them one more try

Thanks to all of you for the info. We were on in April this year and filetwas nowhere to be found. ITA that it was always better than the one in Chops. Our scallop app was like shoe leather (no one could chew them). So many misses last time and that had never been our experience previously. Will give them one more try����

There are always hit or miss locations (or days). We have had Chops so many times and absolutely loved it -- until we were on Allure. First night, wait staff were terrible, it took almost an hour just to get our appetiser (which tasted horrible), and the place was practically empty. We gave them another try, were told we'd be given the best seat in the house -- got crammed in beside the wine cooler and a wall (not even a window view) and again had terrible service. We didn't go back on Allure but we did on Explorer and found the service top notch, food amazing, etc etc. It's a shame when you have a bad run but Giovanni's has always been 'fine' for us (not our fav), Izumi and Chops has nearly always been top notch for us. We practically lived at Izumi on Allure after Chops went so poorly.

• 5 months later...