June 9th Explorer of the Seas, Alaska Glacier cruise. "Mostly pics" review

We did this cruise on June 23. My biggest recommendation is to be sure you are giving your luggage to the correct porter. The process is very unorganized. There were over twenty pieces of luggage that were loaded on the ship that was in port with us. That ship was always one day behind us in port so the luggage was no reunited with the guests until the last day. Clouds/fog prevented the luggage from being flown a port ahead.

Also, the disembarking process is a joke compared to other ports. Many employees standing around and you can tell that they had just been hired for the season and looked lost. We had an early disembarking time 8:30, and were able to get a taxi within minutes. The remainder of our group was at 10:00 and they stood for over an hour waiting for a taxi. They were unable to get off any earlier, because the luggage is brought into the terminal in groups. It is not all loaded in the terminal in advance as it is with other ports.

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the June 30th cruise, and this was probably my favorite cruise (out of 12), due to the awesome Activity staff. They are top notch. I participated in as much as the games as possible and had a ton of fun. This was my third time doing an Alaska cruise, so the ports weren't as important as the ship life.

I want to go back!