Detailed Harmony Eastern Caribbean Review

Awesome review!

We loved St. Kitts--we were glad we'd seen warnings about the monkeys on here.

I'm surprised you made it off the ship with fresh foods. On Allure we saw them make passengers toss food & cups of coffee before disembarking because of the strict regulations on anything other than pre-packaged foods.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We never had an issue with taking food off the ship into port, but is was inside a zipped up bag. We did not carry it in our hands. I know you cannot bring open food or drinks back on the ship as they were making people throw away their water glasses and fruit that they were carrying before they got on the gangway.

Leaving the cruise on disembarkation day, you cannot bring bananas, apples, oranges, etc. from the buffet as you will be stopped in customs.

Great trip! Do you by chance have the TEEN compass or maybe remember what events they had planned? Sailing with twin 14 year olds and a 13 year old in October. Trying to get an idea for them in advance.

Thanks!

Sorry, the boys did not save their teen compasses, however going back thru our compasses I found that there a lots of teen related events such as 3D movies, outdoor movies, a Teens Meet & Greet the first evening in the Living Room, Deck 15 which is where you will find the teen hangout room. They schedule teens only dodgeball, table tennis tournament, air hockey tournament, soccer, a teens only FlowRider hour one evening (day 3, 9pm), teens only speed climbing on the rock wall (day 4, 5pm ), disco ice skating, Family Karaoke, teens only zip line (day5, 5pm), teens only basketball, teens only epic tag, HUSH! Teens Silent Party Day 6, 11:45pm). I'm sure there are more teen events, but those were the ones I spotted. My boys expressed interest in doing the Puzzle Break room which we were unable to work into our schedule after we were on the ship. You may want to check into this for your teens and schedule it on cruise planner prior to sailing when all the time slots and days are available. I talked to a family who did it and they said if your kids are into video games, they will enjoy it! Have fun!

Thanks for the review, had to chuckle about having to bring your own shampoo and conditioner, only because I never do this and didn't have to on Harmony as well, the soap they supply is fine and the shampoo was also fine. Have been using RCl shampoo, soap and body wash/shampoo for years and still have a full head of hair!:D Also never experienced any issues or problems in the windjammer on Harmony on our B2B. Embarkation day there were zero issues for us at the WJ, had no trouble finding a table at all. It did get crowded at times during the week depending on the time, this of course was only on sea days, but nothing that was so crowded that we thought it was an issue. Looking forward to our next B2B2B on her in February!

As a diamond plus member, you may be provided with shampoo and conditioner in your cabin, and they are supplied for suite guests, however non-suite rooms only get liquid body soap in a dispenser in the shower and bar soap next to the sink. So unless you want to wash your hair with the liquid soap in the dispenser, you need to bring shampoo & conditioner with you.

We are thinking about a family vacation at the same all inclusive you went to. If you had to pick between this cruise and that which would you pick and why?

Thanks for your review!

Both vacations are wonderful. I would choose the cruise for myself, but my husband and sons would probably choose the DR. In fact, we do plan to return to Paradisus next summer. I get freaked out by spiders and large bugs and the resort has such an open air floor plan that I am always worried about what is lurking in the corners. On our 3 trips to Paradisus, I have never seen a big spider, but I do tend to worry about it.

The food and the entertainment on the cruise are better than at the resort, but the staff at Paradisus really engages you and gets to know you and make you feel like a celebrity while you are there. They will make an effort to give you a high five or a hearty "hola!" when they see you everyday. The organized events, such as beach volleyball, "stretchy stretchy time", dance lessons and painting lessons are so much fun.

It's a toss up, and I would do both the Harmony cruise and Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort again. Sometimes, it just comes down to price and airfare!

Thank you for the review - we leave on Harmony this Saturday. My husband has been wrestling with the idea of the drink package - he only drinks beer and misses that package option. After reading this I think he has decided to just go ahead and get the package.

Thanks for the comments about the food. We are travelling with my parents, who don't like to do specialty dining, so I appreciate hearing what you liked/didn't like in the MDR. I think we will avoid Windjammer at all costs, which we typically try to do anyway.

Buy the drink package on cruise planner if you still can as it was offered at 20% off the on-board price. The best selection of beer is at the Boot & Bonnet on Deck 5.

If you can talk your parents into it, I would definitely do Jamie's!

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

Just to clarify, as my first cruise that I might experience WOW bands is only 650 days away ;) You MUST have the Seapass for Muster?

It was my understanding that you needed your seapass for the muster drill. WOW bands are great for everything else though!

Thanks so much for the review. We are thinking about sailing on Harmony and you gave great info. I do have a question though. On my previous cruises, there were posters or notices in the daily paper to not take food off the ship. From reading your review, you did it. I am guessing you didn't run into any trouble and there were no notices.

I am hoping that is the case because in our group for the next cruise, some will want to bring food from the ship to the port rather than buying food or waiting until back on the ship.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the review! Living vicariously through all you people cruising right now while I wait anxiously for November 2018. Love reading about the Harmony as that is what ship we will be on. I'm taking many mental notes!

We just got off Harmony. 7 kids 4 to 17 all grandkids who loved the ship too.

I like that a/c worked well, refrig was actually cold. Liked our bed was next to balcony door. Convenient closets and drawers for clothes handy.

Had to order room service x2 and felt like had to order extra food due to service charge. Liked Royal Hamburger. Breakfast free at Johnny Rockets and was enjoyed by family.

Great cruise and kids loved slides, zip line etc.

Fun reading your review..thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for the review. We are thinking about sailing on Harmony and you gave great info. I do have a question though. On my previous cruises, there were posters or notices in the daily paper to not take food off the ship. From reading your review, you did it. I am guessing you didn't run into any trouble and there were no notices.

I am hoping that is the case because in our group for the next cruise, some will want to bring food from the ship to the port rather than buying food or waiting until back on the ship.

Thanks again.

There were no notices warning us about taking food off the ship. Again, ours was in a zippered black insulated bag so it's not like we were advertising that we were carrying off food. Since we never brought food back on board after being in port, I cannot speak to if it would have been confiscated upon our return to the ship or not. I know they will take away liquor bottles and wine bought in port and store it until the end of the cruise and return it to you when the cruise is over.

I know for sure that you cannot take fresh fruit off of the ship on the last day as you will be stopped in customs and asked to throw it away.

Huh? This is new for me. Are you sure?

This is how it was on the Harmony both in September 2016 and again of this past Harmony cruise in June 2017. We were only given liquid soap in the shower and bar soap by the sink. I did see that the suites were provided with mini tubes of shampoo and conditioner.

We sailed on the Allure in July 2015 and there was liquid shampoo and liquid soap in dispensers in the shower. However, Harmony only has a soap dispenser.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for such a wonderful review. My family and I will be sailing on Harmony in November.

I have one question though about the Chef's Table. Please confirm that it's a whole evening event of a leisurely multi course dinner. On my cruise planner, it offers two seating times each night. We've done the Chef's Table on Allure and there was only one seating time nightly. It was nearly a 3 hour dining event.

Thanks for your time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for such a wonderful review. My family and I will be sailing on Harmony in November.

I have one question though about the Chef's Table. Please confirm that it's a whole evening event of a leisurely multi course dinner. On my cruise planner, it offers two seating times each night. We've done the Chef's Table on Allure and there was only one seating time nightly. It was nearly a 3 hour dining event.

Thanks for your time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

There was only one seating offered each night on our cruise. It is a 6 course meal and done at a leisurely pace. We didn't leave the dining room until after 10:30pm. I don't see how they could do 2 seatings unless they found a larger venue for this dinner.