Need Help in Deciding to Cancel or Keep My Cruise Nov 25 on Escape

taylortime05

I have a cruise booked on Nov 25 on Escape. I am having 2nd thoughts because airfare has went up to about 400 PP. Also, the return flight leaves Miami at 11:30. I did get good deal on BE balcony at 799 PP with beverage pkg, free tips and 100 OBC.

Is this a good time to cruise? I'm trying to decide if I should keep it or move to another date. Appreciate your help.

No mention of where you are flying from.

Is this airfare via NCL or on your own.

Good time to cruise? Depends on your situation.

People here can be very helpful. But, very difficult without a bit more information.

No mention of where you are flying from.

Is this airfare via NCL or on your own.

Good time to cruise? Depends on your situation.

People here can be very helpful. But, very difficult without a bit more information.

We are flying from Detroit. Right now cheapest direct flight is to fly into Ft. Lauderdale on Friday, Nov 24 and fly home from Miami on Dec 2 and flight leaves at 11:30. I've been monitoring and the prices and they keep going up.

When I booked the cruise I thought it might be less popular time to cruise because the kids are in school so we might get good upgrade opportunity if prices drop after final payment.

Thanks for your feedback.

We are flying from Detroit. Right now cheapest direct flight is to fly into Ft. Lauderdale on Friday, Nov 24 and fly home from Miami on Dec 2 and flight leaves at 11:30. I've been monitoring and the prices and they keep going up.

When I booked the cruise I thought it might be less popular time to cruise because the kids are in school so we might get good upgrade opportunity if prices drop after final payment.

Thanks for your feedback.

Did you check for flights for Nov 23rd? Last year we flew down to Miami on Nov 27 for the Sky then went on the Escape. Saturday has cheaper rates. Rates were fairly low. Jet blue just come out with flights. I heard that Southwest is suppose to post tomorrow. I wouldn't pass up that cruise, you have great perks.

Being from Canada not 100% sure but is that not Thanksgiving week? If so it is typically busy time for families travelling.

Don't give up on the cruise you have a great deal from what is known as a great ship. Can you fly from Toronto easily? Your American Dollar is worth quite a bit in Canada perhaps it could be cheaper for you that way? Worth a look anyway.

Definitely around US thanksgiving. I had also booked a cruise last year at that time and I also ended up cancelling it because like you I was waiting for a good deal on flights out of Detroit that kept going up in price. That along with the increase in the exchange rate and a land based vacation planned for March of 2017 in Florida meant that something had to give and so it was the cruise. Either look at going at a different time, when flights aren't as pricey or cancel. PS! We were also scheduled to cruise on the Escape. I feel your pain!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Delta has direct flights the 24 or 25 from Detroit to Fort Lauderdale return on 2nd at 10:50 am for 324.00 right now. I don't know if you walked off the ship how early is the norm to get off but perhaps check on NCL thread to see if it's doable.

You are going at the backend of Thanksgiving. Some people will still take the kids out, but most would do the week before since they are already off Thu./Fri and maybe wed.

Flights on Thurs and Fri will be cheap. Sat might be cheap, but I would not fly from DTW on the same day as the cruise. You should be able to get cheap flights going down. Return is so-so. Do not rule out getting one way tickets each way. Do more research on flights. Remember SW is not in the big search engines.

You got a great price on your cruise. I would keep it.

I fly from Detroit to Miami all the time, and I consider $400 on a non-stop flight on Delta to Miami to be a good price. Ft. Lauderdale might be a little cheaper, but not always. Depends on how full the flight is.

That is Thanksgiving weekend, one of the busiest travel weekends of the year! My gut feeling pricing will NOT go down, not including the traveling masses. If you have the time, you might actually get really good fares traveling Thanksgiving day and spending a couple extra nights enjoying the S FL weather. Maybe enough savings to justify the hotel bill, as long as you aren't into 5 star hotels.

That is the most expensive flight times of the entire year. Also look into Orlando. We've flown in/out of there for cruises out of Miami before, and just paid to rent a car. It saved us several hundred dollars.

We are also booked on that cruise and coming from Southern California. I found the price a great deal cheaper flying on Thursday the 23rd, which is Thanksgiving Day here and then found a good price for a Miami hotel for the 2 nights prior to the cruise.

My son, also on the cruise, is flying Southwest using points (or miles whichever) and also booked on the 23rd because it was half as many points for the 3 of them. He booked an airbnb for 2 nights at $100 each night.

Be aware if you do end up traveling to Miami on Friday, plan for the airports to be packed as it is the day after Thanksgiving! Traveling on the actual holiday should not be quite as bad, but we'll see!

When sailing NCL, we always fly into Fort Lauderdale with Southwest and then take SAS Transportation to Miami (very reasonably priced). We fly in a day ahead of our cruise and usually stay in Miami. SAS will pick you up at the airport and take you to your hotel.

When sailing NCL, we always fly into Fort Lauderdale with Southwest and then take SAS Transportation to Miami (very reasonably priced). We fly in a day ahead of our cruise and usually stay in Miami. SAS will pick you up at the airport and take you to your hotel.

we fly into fll , the day of the cruise , we arrive in FLL at 9:10 am , do u know what time the transportation picks u up and brings u to the ship ?

I have a cruise booked on Nov 25 on Escape. I am having 2nd thoughts because airfare has went up to about 400 PP. Also, the return flight leaves Miami at 11:30. I did get good deal on BE balcony at 799 PP with beverage pkg, free tips and 100 OBC.

Is this a good time to cruise? I'm trying to decide if I should keep it or move to another date. Appreciate your help.

Since you're going at Thanksgiving, the airfare will only go higher. That's a good deal on the cruise fare. I'd go for it.

If you do self walkoff you should make your flight.

.... I heard that Southwest is suppose to post tomorrow. I wouldn't pass up that cruise, you have great perks.

Thanks for this info! Just checked and our flight 11/27 (Mon) for the Sun dropped more than half. Got 30k RR points back ;p

• 3 weeks later...
We are also booked on that cruise and coming from Southern California. I found the price a great deal cheaper flying on Thursday the 23rd, which is Thanksgiving Day here and then found a good price for a Miami hotel for the 2 nights prior to the cruise.

My son, also on the cruise, is flying Southwest using points (or miles whichever) and also booked on the 23rd because it was half as many points for the 3 of them. He booked an airbnb for 2 nights at $100 each night.

Be aware if you do end up traveling to Miami on Friday, plan for the airports to be packed as it is the day after Thanksgiving! Traveling on the actual holiday should not be quite as bad, but we'll see!

I ended up with airfare with American Airlines. We are flying in on Friday, Nov 24th. Which hotel are you staying at and what rate did you get? That's what I'm working on now. Thanks for your feedback.

taylortime05,

I am booked on this cruise too! Heres the deal with this cruise, I have not gotten a lower price on an NCL cruise since 2014! And in 2014 i did not get the great perks included! I have 2 other cruises currently booked with NCL and have cruised with them many many times. Prices seem to be going up up up. You have a GREAT RATE, I would not cancel. Chances of finding this rate again are slim to none!

as for Detroit, I am a Detroit girl ( well Rochester really!) Be very careful of flying out on Thanksgiving weekend, it's a 50 50 chance you may get snow or just have bad weather. We always come in a day or two early. I am actually in Georgia now, and we drive. We stop a night in orlando, daytona or amelia island, then drive the next day down to miami.

If you can drive, leave on Wednesday before thanksgiving, Detroit is an 11 hour drive to georgia, stop and stay the night, then drive to daytona, only about 7 hours, stay at a cheap hotel on the beach and have thanksgiving dinner, then drive down to miami the next night. It may save you a small amount of money.

If your now up for driving, just keep checking airfare. Delta has had some good prices lately.

Best of luck, hope to see you on the cruise!

taylortime05,

I am booked on this cruise too! Heres the deal with this cruise, I have not gotten a lower price on an NCL cruise since 2014! And in 2014 i did not get the great perks included! I have 2 other cruises currently booked with NCL and have cruised with them many many times. Prices seem to be going up up up. You have a GREAT RATE, I would not cancel. Chances of finding this rate again are slim to none!

as for Detroit, I am a Detroit girl ( well Rochester really!) Be very careful of flying out on Thanksgiving weekend, it's a 50 50 chance you may get snow or just have bad weather. We always come in a day or two early. I am actually in Georgia now, and we drive. We stop a night in orlando, daytona or amelia island, then drive the next day down to miami.

If you can drive, leave on Wednesday before thanksgiving, Detroit is an 11 hour drive to georgia, stop and stay the night, then drive to daytona, only about 7 hours, stay at a cheap hotel on the beach and have thanksgiving dinner, then drive down to miami the next night. It may save you a small amount of money.

If your now up for driving, just keep checking airfare. Delta has had some good prices lately.

Best of luck, hope to see you on the cruise!

Hi - We usually fly with Delta but I ended up booking with American Airlines. We are flying in on Friday, Nov 24th leaving at Detroit at 10:50. I thought about leaving earlier but I still have one of my adult kids at home and I wanted to have Thanksgiving dinner with the family before leaving for the cruise. My cruise is booked through TA starting with Price. I have the insurance but I bet the airfare is not covered since I purchased it on my own. I am hoping I do not have any issues getting down there for the cruise. I have such a hard time making decisions. But now that I have booked the airfare I know the cruise is a definite go. Now I need to decide on the hotel and start planning the excursions. It's more relaxing with just me and hubby because there is less pressure. We can be as busy or as relaxed as we want to be. I can't wait until November. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We booked this cruise as well and we fly in the week before so flights were cheap but we are from Canada. We booked a mini suite hoping for the Haven upgrade as well, but after reading these forums lots of people were saying haven for Thanksgiving will sell out so we changed our room to the cheapest haven spa room and now there is only 1 left! We cruised the Getaway last year and booked a mini suite hoping for haven upgrade and after final payment of course most haven sold out! We were disappointed but still had a fantastic cruise.If you really want haven if you can book it right away chances of getting it with an upgrade bid might be hard this week. Good luck.