Soto Cruises on 11/21

deabea

We just returned from the Legend of the Seas and were on the Cayman Islands on 11/21. I booked with Soto Cruises and they did a wonderful job. They answered my emails within a few days. Their tour started at 9:30 in the morning and our ship didn't arrive until 9:00am. Soto Cruises adjusted the tour to depart at 10:30am. We needed to take the first tender off the ship which wasn't a problem. You just need your confirmation to show you have a private tour and there isn't a problem getting on the tender. Actually, nobody checked. We were picked up a short walk near the pier and driven to the boat. There were eleven people that were on the tour. We cruised out to the reef and snorkeled. Our guide fed a nurse shark which he brought close to us to see. YIKES!!! He also drew out a few moray eels for us to see. YIKES again!!! At one point it was just myself and my 12 and 8 year old and the guide was showing us great things. We definitely wouldn't have that type of "one on one" had we been on a cruise tour. Those boats were packed!!! We then went to Stingray City. We weren't able to wear anything on our feet because it would injure the stingrays. We were able to hold, pet, feed, and kiss the stingrays. Yes, kiss. Not my favorite. The experience was wonderful. When it became feeding time, there were a lot of stingrays and it was creepy, I even got a hickey on my thigh from one. My eight year old was out of the water at that point. My husband gladly took her out. I think my daughter actually took him out. It was a great experience and I would highly recommend it. We had a nice cruise back and the van dropped us at a beach we requested, which was in the same direction as the pier. Soto Cruises was a great value. I was able to snorkel, see the stingrays, go to the beach and do some shopping. I was back on the ship with an hour to go before the last tender.

We just returned from the Legend of the Seas and were on the Cayman Islands on 11/21.

Thanks for the info. Also, PLEASE post a review of your trip soon! I'll be on the Legend in a month (New Year's) and am looking for some current info. Did you notice touches from the refurbishment?

Thanks!

Deabea - was there a name for this particular excursion? Did they take you out to a reef to snorkel and then to Stringray City or Stingray sandbar where it's shallow? Can you tell me which beach to went to afterwards. Your day in Cayman Islands sounds exactly how I hope to spend my day there in March.

Any info. would be appreciated.

I just booked with Soto Cruises at www.sotoscruises.com. They only have one type of trip which is $30.00 and it is two hours long. They have two times that they go out. They did adjust the time so we could go in the morning. We snorkeled at a reef and just a two minute ride away was a sandbar for the stingrays where it was shallow. The person driving suggested cigarette beach but there was another group of people who showed us where they were staying and there was a restaurant, beach and chairs so we went with them. Just ask someone from the boat and they will suggest something. Be warned that the taxi fare for six of us from the beach which was 1 1/2 miles away from the pier was $24.00. Ouch!! Have fun and if you need more info, just ask.

We went with Soto's last week and also had a wonderful trip. Their e-mail was down for a time, but should likely be back up by now. Not many passengers, great snorkeling, and very nice, helpful, and informative crew in Stingray City.

Archived