4X4 St. Marteen & Beach Escape (RC Excursion)

Has anyone ever gone on the 4X4 St. Marteen & Beach Escape (RC Excursion)? My husband loves jeeps and it sounds like it give a good mix of culture, sight seeing, shopping and a beach break. Wondering if there is any complimentary alcohol as well. I don't see it listed, so I'm assuming it's not. Any feedback about this excursion would be awesome!

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone ever gone on the 4X4 St. Marteen & Beach Escape (RC Excursion)? My husband loves jeeps and it sounds like it give a good mix of culture, sight seeing, shopping and a beach break. Wondering if there is any complimentary alcohol as well. I don't see it listed, so I'm assuming it's not. Any feedback about this excursion would be awesome!

There are strict drinking and driving laws on the island. The French side has the stricter of the two at below 0.5 as their level if I am remembering correctly. It's just a hunch, but my guess is that (especially) a cruise line excursion that involves passengers driving, is not going to offer complimentary alcohol.

I can't help you with the rest unless you know the name of the beach or the sights that are on the list of places that the excursion visits.:)

I would recommend renting a jeep from Coastal. They are located right at the pier. They are a great company. We always rent a jeep from them. They offer a GPS for just $5. It has all of the island sights and attractions already programmed. It is very easy to drive with the GPS.

You can go to Marigot and Ft. Louis, Orient Beach, Gallion Beach, Maho. All very easy to do on you own without being tied to a time schedule of a tour.

There are strict drinking and driving laws on the island. The French side has the stricter of the two at below 0.5 as their level if I am remembering correctly. It's just a hunch, but my guess is that (especially) a cruise line excursion that involves passengers driving, is not going to offer complimentary alcohol.

I can't help you with the rest unless you know the name of the beach or the sights that are on the list of places that the excursion visits.:)

You're completely right. I have no clue what I was thinking asking about alcohol. I guess mostly I was thinking my husband would drive and was wondering for myself lol. Anyway, I've looked up and found reviews about this excursion. Not the best feedback so I think we will not be moving forward with this one. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You're completely right. I have no clue what I was thinking asking about alcohol. I guess mostly I was thinking my husband would drive and was wondering for myself lol. Anyway, I've looked up and found reviews about this excursion. Not the best feedback so I think we will not be moving forward with this one. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I completely understand:D. While at home I drive to the party and DH drives us home and while on vacation DH drives at all times! :D

karysa,

Pretty sure that it is .04%.

gary

I think France, including Saint Martin, is .05, not .04. I have seen people post .04, but I do not know where that is coming from. In any event, it really should not matter to cruisers. Bottom line from my perspective is that if you are a cruiser on a St Martin port-of-call, do not drink and drive. Just do not do it. It is not worth the risk. If you are renting a car and some want to drink, have a DD.

SnorkelAway,

I have been told, and I have seen posted on numerous discussion boards that it was .04%, but I finally actually checked and it is, indeed, your stated .05%

So I guess I could have had that one extra swallow of beer on the beach. :evilsmile:

gary

Snorkel,

I'm good.

Have been stopped (roadblock) once coming from Orient back to Mullet Bay (The Towers) and was passed through.

I'll limit my drinking and driving to the Dutch Side. :)

gary

p.s. I don't drive buzzed.

• 5 weeks later...

Does anybody else have more info on this excursion. I believe they are stopping at Orient beach. How long do they stay. Also do you stop at other places. Did you enjoy the excursion