Hair dryers and irons?

denalichic

Hello! I know this was covered in the past, but I can not find the thread. Are hair dryers and irons available in cabins on the Infinity?

Thanks!

Hair dryers are in the cabins. Irons are a different story and you have I am sure unwittingly stumbled onto one of the more contentious topics. I will try and explain everything in one post.

Celebrity has always forbidden irons on their ships as a fire and electrical hazard. They used to place this in their brochures and on the daily sheets which are delivered each night on the cruise. Currently, they apparently only provide the ban on an RCI web site which is reserved for travel agents only and requires setting up an account.

There usually is a lot of back on forth on this subject with some for irons and others against. Posters will provide you with alternatives which include a number of options. Other posters will argue for irons by stating that smoking and curling irons are not banned so why should they ban irons. Some will also tell you that you are on vacation and should not iron.

Most of all enjoy your cruise and there are no laundry rooms fleetwide on Celebrity ships.

Hello! I know this was covered in the past, but I can not find the thread. Are hair dryers and irons available in cabins on the Infinity?

Thanks!

The wall mounted hair dryer in the bathroom will dry your hair, but it won't be warming up immediately (a common complaint).

If you've booked a CC cabin or suite, you'll find a separate hair dryer (typically stored in the cabinet under the sink counter) that you can plug in using the outlet over the desk. That one might be closer to what you expect in a hair dryer.

The hairdryers are next to useless unless you have babyfine, dead straight hair!

I have always taken my travel iron on cruises. Each time I have asked my steward's permission before using it for the first time. Each time it has been given.

C :)

I hear ya, Carina! I have babyfine straight hair:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I bring my own dryer and electric rollers. I use a steamer for my clothing. It's easier than an iron. I brought a surge protector but didn't have to use it.

Hi JJ

I've never seen a clothes steamer (we're a bit behind in England) - are they small and compact and do they do a good job on wrinkled/creased clothes?

C :)

Archived