Self vs Valet parking at Port Tampa and Thoughts on Prepaid parking

mooline

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has experience with valet parking at Port Tampa? We're pretty nimble, so don't need valet for physical reasons - it would be strictly convenience. Holding me back from his option is the thought of a long wait for our vehicle when we return to port.

Also curious to hear from anyone who has prepaid Port Tampa parking (this option available for online for self parking or valet.)

I know that there is no cost savings vs paying day of, and no reserved space for self park. However, the notion of "one more thing checked off the list" is appealing.

Many thanks!

We did not do valet but we did do the prepay parking, which I liked a lot. Just like you I wanted one less thing to think about.

The parking garage is literally across the street. They have some covered (if you get there fairly early) as well as uncovered. Just park, take the elevator down, walk across the street and you are there.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

We did not do valet but we did do the prepay parking, which I liked a lot. Just like you I wanted one less thing to think about.

The parking garage is literally across the street. They have some covered (if you get there fairly early) as well as uncovered. Just park, take the elevator down, walk across the street and you are there.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

Thank you Diane. Greatly appreciate your helpful response.

It is my understanding that the lot 'valet' uses is all outside. IME the regular parking is a multi-level garage complex and altho we had to go up several levels we were able to park in a covered area ..... Also IME there was plenty of parking available so the only reason to prepay is to 'prepay'

{the big garage was built to support 'Channel side' the large entertainment venue at the port, as well as surrounding businesses. Channel side is dead ... hanging on by a thread, a handful of the store slots full (Hooters is the big dog remaining) ..... no big concern of Channel side filling the parking .....}