Villefranche to St. Paul de Vence

N 2 Sun

Hi all,

Does anyone have an opinion on the best way to get to St. Paul de Vence from the tender port at Villefranche without renting a car or taking the bus? We are in port from only 7:00 to 4:00/16:00. I gather the tender process can be a bit slow so we want to be as efficient as possible....in a somewhat cost effective manner. :-)

Does anyone know if taxis are readily available at each location for one way rides?

Thanks,

Marilyn

Hi all,

Does anyone have an opinion on the best way to get to St. Paul de Vence from the tender port at Villefranche without renting a car or taking the bus? We are in port from only 7:00 to 4:00/16:00. I gather the tender process can be a bit slow so we want to be as efficient as possible....in a somewhat cost effective manner. :-)

Does anyone know if taxis are readily available at each location for one way rides?

Thanks,

Marilyn

Whether you find a taxi waiting at the tender pier is a matter of luck....maybe yes or maybe no. If you want to use the bus you need to get into Nice..or take the train to Cagnes sur Mer and then wait for a #400 bus. That same 400 bus does start in Nice, but makes a stop at Cagnes sur Mer (near the train station) before continuing on to St Paul de Vence. The bus or train to bus is going to be the most economical solution...but it does take some time depending on how lucky you are with waiting time for that #400 bus. A taxi is going to be quite expensive since it is 16 miles (one way)...plus the possibility of some significant waiting time as the taxi works its way through Nice. It is one of those rides that can take 30 min (in light traffic) or nearly an hour in traffic.

Hank

Hank, I'm honored to finally "meet" you. I enjoy your posts and am fascinated with your travel experiences.

Thank you for the helpful info. We are not big bus fans so we may take the train to Cagnes Sur Mer and then try to get a taxi or uber to SPdV. If that is not possible, we may just take the train to Cannes, Menton or another scenic stop along the coast.

Happy travels,

Marilyn

Sent from my iPad using Forums