Ready to book

camper49

First cruise with NCL. Am I correct with this....we are choosing the specialty dining and the drink package. There will be a service charge that is included in our booking and then a daily service charge added to our on board account? And any other tipping is optional?

After eating at any restaurant, including specialty, you can just get up and leave. No extra tipping required unless you received exceptional service or you're feeling generous that day.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

First cruise with NCL. Am I correct with this....we are choosing the specialty dining and the drink package. There will be a service charge that is included in our booking and then a daily service charge added to our on board account? And any other tipping is optional?

If you compared the fares with these options and without, you would see that the price increases for gratuities for both the dining and the drink package. That is completely separate from the daily service charges ($14 or so per person per day). We are cruising in October - the "Bev Svc Chg" on our invoice is $14.22 per person per day, which is 18% of $79, the regular daily price for the package.

When you get your room card, it should be marked with a small logo for each package you selected. "UBP" is Ultimate Beverage Package, for example. I think "3SM" meant three pre-paid specialty meals. And you could eat in the ala carte specialty restaurant but there was a limit on the price of the entree. Appetizer and dessert was included.

If you want to tip an additional amount, you can, but you've already paid 18% or whatever. We did not find any problem with service (like inattention from bartenders) with the package. It was just like any other cruise.

One thing we learned was that when we were in port in NYC, we had to pay tax on all beverages even though we had the UBP. So our "free" drinks cost a buck or two each. You sign a check for the full drink amount but only the tax winds up on your account.

Edited by billslowsky