looking for small group snorkel tour operator

Z-Bird

Hello - I have been trying for about a month now to find a boat tour operator that could take a small group (6-8) out for an all-day snorkel tour on 3.28.18. I contacted a highly recommended dive shop and asked if they did small group snorkeling tours. They did not but recommended Rainbow Divers. I emailed Rainbow Divers 3 times over about 10 days - once from their website, and twice from the email address provided by the Dive Shop and the Rainbow Diver's website. I never heard back from them.

Next I read recommendations on the St. Lucia thread for Mystic Man Tours. Again, I emailed them, never heard back, emailed them from both their website and from an email address they provided, heard back with incomplete info, emailed again politely asking the same questions, and 4 days later have not gotten a response.

I have been at this for about 4 weeks now, and still haven't found anyone in St. Lucia who will take a small group out and communicate in a timely and reasonable manner.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

I have used Spencer Ambrose tours all three times I have been to St. Lucia and they have been the highlight of our cruise. I don't think they do such a small group but they usually take no more than 20 passengers on each of their two speed boats. They have different tours with different stops so they usually divide the groups at each stop depending on who's going on what tour.

They do have a snorkel tour but it's not an all-day affair. They do 1 hr. at Jalouise beach (simply amazing snorkeling there!!) and another 1 hr. stop at Anse Chastanet (never been there). all in all it's about a 3.5hr trip. Next time we visit (2018) that's what we're doing!!

If you want snorkeling with beach time, try their beach break tour. You spend at least 5 hours at Jalouise Beach and lunch is also included on that (not on the snorkel tour).

Thank you for your suggestion. Sounds like you had a good time with Spencer Ambrose Tours and I have read great reviews on them.

We aren't wanting beach time or land tours - only snorkeling and sailing with a small group, 10 to 12 guests that ideally we don't have to organize. We are not looking to charter a boat all day. We would simply like to find a reputable operator with a speed or sailboat, that specializes in smaller group snorkel trips. We found this on Barbados with Calabaza Tours and are trying to find something similar on St. Lucia.