Tortola --Carnival Liberty ?

monu58

hi we are on the liberty next month and I wanted to know if we would have enough time to the virgin baths tour because our port times are only 7Am-3 Pm

Has anyone taken this tour directly thru carnival excursion? if so, do they use those smithsferry and speedys boats as subcontractors or do they have their own tour company?

I would like to take it on my own but am worried about the timing. Any advice.

Thank You

• 3 weeks later...

I've read alot about this, looks like speedy's ferry in the only one that will get you back in time and you must take the 12:30 ferry back. I'm a little concerned about what happens if the ferry is full, with everyone trying to get on the same one back. We were planning on doing this on our own but not sure the savings is worth the worry.

just back from liberty took smiths ferry--had plenty of time returned on the 12:30. the ferry is large will not fill up. they take people with luggage, etc.

Which ferry did you take over? Did you feel you had enough time at the baths? How much did it cost??

thanks!!!

just back from liberty took smiths ferry--had plenty of time returned on the 12:30. the ferry is large will not fill up. they take people with luggage, etc.

Hi jdechter, I will be on the Carnival Liberty in March 4, 2006 and I was hoping you could provide me with some more details regarding your experience. First, is Tortula a tender port? What time did you get off the ship? What Ferry time did you use to get to to the Bathes? Did you eat lunch in Tortula? What was the net cost? Thank you in advance. Happy Holidays!!!

we docked at tortola, got off the ship early and walked over to the ferry. there was no need to get off that early though. they didn't start selling ferry tickets until 8:45. the cost was $30 on speedy's 9:00 ferry including taxi to the baths. we had plenty of time there, brought our own snorkel stuff. don't take too much stuff though it is hard to navigate the boulder path with a lot of stuff. the snorkeling was so-so. the beach was nice and we got some good pictures. we had time to get a drink at top of the baths which has a spectacular view. there is also a pool to rinse off in. we got the taxi back at

12:15 and took the 12:30 speedys ferry back to tortola. we ate on the ship. hope this helps.

Archived