Changing rooms

I'm from the UK. I've booked directly with Royal Caribbean on the UK website for a November cruise on Allure. I'm beginning to think I might have made a mistake by booking a room on Deck 14 aft - 14300 - more or less under the mini golf on the port side. I've read posts on this site in which people have said that rooms with public space above might suffer from significant noise. Also, I now realise that the port side is the smoking side of deck 15 and whilst I'm happy to 'live and let live' I don't personally like the smell of smoke and I wonder if it will be noticeable on the balcony. For those reasons, I'd like to look at changing the room. How do I go about doing that in the UK? I understand it's possible to change to a room in the same category but if only a higher category is available is it possible to change to that room obviously paying any difference?

I don't think the mini golf will be an issue for noise. The noise mostly comes from "bands" and "cleaning" rooms such as the restaurants etc. Also from moving chairs around, scraping the deck. So with the mini golf above, you should have no noise.

As far as the smoking? I don't think it would be noticeable, from the top deck, but I could be wrong.

It's in the T&C

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/assets/pdf/terms-and-conditions/Booking-Terms-and-Conditions-UK-March-2017.pdf

I tried to copy it here but it came out nasty. Says it's £35 per person for the move. And has to be outside of 56 days before sailing.

Depending on your C&A Level you might be able to swing it free though

The mini golf course didn't seem to me to be a very rowdy place. I would think the noise would be extremely minimal and doubt you could hear it in the cabin. As for the smoke, that's a deck above and I would think a bit forward of your cabin so again, just my opinion of course, shouldn't be much of a problem.