Check-in with FTTF Question

Sounds great! We will be sailing to Nassau, Half Moon Cay, and Grand Turks! ThNks for the nassau tip and beach towel souvenirs would be great!

Maybe we'll see you out there. We're going to the same ports plus Amber Cove. If you see the Carnival Splendor that's us. We'll be on the very back of the ship.

Just a tid-bit since it's your first cruise. With FTTF you are allowed to enter your room early. When you get on the ship the door to the hallways will be closed to prevent people from going in. You can open them up since you have FTTF.

Enjoy your trip!

We are cruising on the Conquest. I'm a first time cruiser so I'm excited but super stressed too! I hope you enjoy your cruise Sunday will be before you know it! Happy cruising!

We were on the Conquest last year for our first cruise. We're booked on the Glory, but still have just under a year to go. :( We're taking members of my wife's family for their first cruise, so we're excited to share the experience. I wasn't even looking forward to it when we went. Some different members of her family are frequent cruisers and had been asking us for quite some time to go with them. We finally gave in, but I didn't think it was for me. I agreed to it because my wife & son were excited. It did take me a little while to break out of my shell, but when we went to our first show (Epic Rock) I started having a great time. In the end, we loved it and couldn't wait to go again.

As far as a power strip goes, I always recommend a long extension cord. I took one that was 6-8 ft. long. Plus a 3-way adapter (turns one plug into 3). This way we could move it around to just about anywhere in the cabin from the single plug. I took an 8 inch portable fan with me because we like the white noise, and with the extension cord, I could put it right by the bed. And it was long enough for my wife to use her curling iron in the bathroom instead of at the vanity mirror by the bed. The cord plus 3-way adapter gave us plenty of plugs for our phones & such. Whatever you take, a power strip or extension cord, just make sure they're in like-new condition to avoid having them taken away. And like another person said, no surge protectors.

The beach towels are $22, not $30, but who's counting. :p

If you're leaving Saturday, as in tomorrow, you're not going to have time to order one of the waterproof pouches, but maybe next time. We bought some with the intention of protecting our phones while we were at the beach, but ended up not using them because we were nervous to take them along. We took our phones to use as cameras when we weren't getting in the water, but otherwise left them on board. I ended up finding a great deal on a GoPro during last year's Black Friday sales, so I bought it to take on our next one.

You're doing the same itinerary we did. Half Moon Cay is a private island owned by Carnival. They'll provide a free lunch while you're there. It's BBQ jerk chicken, some sides, fruits, desserts, & drinks. But you can go back on board to eat if you want. But since it's a tender port, it's not as easy to go back & forth as when the ship is docked. If you snorkel, in my opinion there's not much to see on the main beach where everyone goes. The bottom is nothing but white sand and we only saw a fish or two. We had never snorkeled before, so HMC was our first time. We tried again on Grand Turk and it was a much better experience. The vast majority of people go to the beach out in front of Margaritaville. If you're standing on the pier facing the beach, everyone's to the left of the pier. So we went to the right of the pier to a small area out in front of the NASA exhibit. There's a couple small rows of lounge chairs under the trees and less than 10 people when we were there. The snorkeling was so much better than Half Moon Cay. We saw fish, small crabs, a live conch, etc.

Install the Carnival Hub app to your smartphone before you go. It's free and most of its features are free to use. You don't even have to purchase one of the on board internet plans to use it. The free features include deck plans, scheduled activities, you can set an alert to notify you 15 minutes before an activity, access your S&S account, weather updates, and more. If you pay $5 per device (that lasts the entire cruise) you can use the app's chat feature that lets you message people in your group. Experiences with this feature have varied, though. Some having great luck with it, others not so much. But even if you don't use the chat, the free features can come in handy, I think. It wasn't available on the Conquest last year, so we're looking forward to trying it out.

Since you've said you research a lot, you probably already know some of this, so I apologize if I'm saying things you already know. Have a great time! We can't wait until our next one.

Edited by Organized Chaos