Norwegian Pearl (Alaska) - Worth the money?

hgrant

What do people think about paying for the weekly spa on board the Pearl? Does anyone know if I can buy just a day by day pass? I seem to be the only person in the group who is interested. We have 2 "at sea" days where I might use it and then after excursions. If I am the only one in the group who has it, I might not use it. Is the regular pool/hot tub open when the ship is going to Alaska? Am I better off just getting a nice spa service for that price? Anyone know the price of the weekly (or even daily) spa? I'd love any info you have.

What do people think about paying for the weekly spa on board the Pearl? Does anyone know if I can buy just a day by day pass? I seem to be the only person in the group who is interested. We have 2 "at sea" days where I might use it and then after excursions. If I am the only one in the group who has it, I might not use it. Is the regular pool/hot tub open when the ship is going to Alaska? Am I better off just getting a nice spa service for that price? Anyone know the price of the weekly (or even daily) spa? I'd love any info you have.

Daily passes are sold at the discretion of the spa. They normally say that the weekly passes need to sell out (but not always true,,, sometimes they do not sell daily passes under any circumstances). And they usually never sell daily passes on sea days.

I traveled to Alaska on the Pearl last August. I would definitely say the spa pass was worth it. I ended up going at least once a day to relax. On our sailing, the pool was open but it was quite chilly most days and the hot tubs were full of children. It was nice to have an adults only area to relax. My parents treated me to the cruise so I bought spa passes for all three of us. We all loved it.

If you do buy the pass, do so before you sail. I think you end up saving a few bucks that way.

I just got off the Pearl on Sunday and we made good use of our spa passes! It wasn't too crowded except at times when you'd really expect it to be. Whether it's worth the money is really up to you. For me, it's worth it as I have arthritis and after a long day in port, I head to the spa and feel much better afterward. It was $139 pp for the week when purchased online before the cruise. I believe it's either $149 or $159 if you wait until you board the ship.

How do you access the spa? Is it tied to your room card?

Just go to the spa (it's always one of the first places I go!) and they have a printout of everyone who's prepurchased a spa pass. They'll put a little sticker on the back of your card. When you visit the spa you give them your card and pick it up on your way out.

How do you access the spa? Is it tied to your room card?

once you purchase the pass, a small sticker is put on your keycard. The pass is definitely worth it. The best views of the glacier when the ship is in glacier bay. It is also an awesome location when going through the Panama Canal if you ever do that cruise

We leave in 8 days for our trip and I pre-purchased spa passes at $139 for the week. While it's "only" 2 sea days, there are 2 port days where half the day is at sea and we don't dock in Victoria until 6pm, so in reality another sea day. Weather forecast shows high around 62 for the next two weeks, which is colder than my winters here in Florida. I think I'll really enjoy those heated loungers.

We leave in 8 days for our trip and I pre-purchased spa passes at $139 for the week. While it's "only" 2 sea days, there are 2 port days where half the day is at sea and we don't dock in Victoria until 6pm, so in reality another sea day. Weather forecast shows high around 62 for the next two weeks, which is colder than my winters here in Florida. I think I'll really enjoy those heated loungers.

Here's a tip for you...there are two heated loungers closer to the pool. The second one (the one closest to the wall not the pool) is the hottest of all the tile loungers. It's really nice and I definitely spent some time there! :D Most of the others weren't very warm. There's one of them in the line of four or five of them that was also warmer, but my friend used that one and I don't recall which one it was.

here's a tip for you...there are two heated loungers closer to the pool. The second one (the one closest to the wall not the pool) is the hottest of all the tile loungers. It's really nice and i definitely spent some time there! :d most of the others weren't very warm. There's one of them in the line of four or five of them that was also warmer, but my friend used that one and i don't recall which one it was.

fantastic.

I took the spa package on the Pearl on our Panama cruise in April. I did buy it ahead of time for a savings.

I enjoyed it very much. I especially liked the large wood paneled sauna. It was beautiful. In fact, the entire spa was larger and had more facilities than any I have experienced on my Royal or Celebrity ships.

The spa was never crowded and provided a quiet relaxation. I used it everyday even on port days.

Here's a tip for you...there are two heated loungers closer to the pool. The second one (the one closest to the wall not the pool) is the hottest of all the tile loungers. It's really nice and I definitely spent some time there! :D Most of the others weren't very warm. There's one of them in the line of four or five of them that was also warmer, but my friend used that one and I don't recall which one it was.

Hi there Quilting...I found the 2nd one from the end by the windows (the very end one was out of order) to be nice and warm.

I was on an 11-day (or maybe it was 10-day) Alaskan cruise last year, and didn't buy the thermal spa package before cruising. Someone I met up before the cruise (I was traveling solo and happened to bump into another solo traveler on a walking tour the day before embarkation) talked me into buying it. Now, I'm not really much of a pool person, but I REALLY enjoyed the package. I am very much into lounging about and relaxing and the thermal spa was great for that. I was on the heated loungers at least once a day, often two or three stints, and I was in the thermal pool at least once a day as well. It was super relaxing and was probably the best decision I made on that trip, buying that package!

The spa on any NCL cruise is a must for me. Well worth the $. Pearl and Epic are great, but my favorite was the Escape. I spent at least two hours there every day. The spa on the Pearl is in the front of the ship. This is where I went going through the Panama Canal. It was the best location for viewing the locks and I'm sure as well as Alaska.

Hi there Quilting...I found the 2nd one from the end by the windows (the very end one was out of order) to be nice and warm.

I'm sure that's the one my friend used. I thought it was next to the one that's out of order, but since I wasn't sure I didn't want to specify. She said it was a warm as the one I used. Those are the two winners! :)

The spa on any NCL cruise is a must for me. Well worth the $. Pearl and Epic are great, but my favorite was the Escape. I spent at least two hours there every day. The spa on the Pearl is in the front of the ship. This is where I went going through the Panama Canal. It was the best location for viewing the locks and I'm sure as well as Alaska.

We spent time there when we were in Glacier Bay. Great view!!

Last year on a 10-day Alaska cruise I bought the pass for my shipmate. A few days later I bought one for myself though I didn't think it would be something I'd care much about - I was WRONG. I can't imagine not getting one now. We also had one of the mini-suites on deck 11 right below the spa area - the trip from door to door was less than two minutes. I'm booked for next year and picked a cabin right next to the one we had last year it was such a good location. The first day the spa was open (2nd day of the cruise) there was quite a few people - an "at sea" day. The other days it was practically empty when we were there. I don't know this for a fact but someone said they only sell about 90-95 passes per cruise so if you wait until you get on the ship there could be none left. I will buy mine online for next year the first day I'm able - 90 days prior to departure.

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone say if you are allowed to bring drinks (alcoholic and non alcoholic) into the spa.

Thanks

As I understand it, yes you can.There are usually some fruit-infused water and tea and such available there. If you bring something in from outside, it should be a in plastic cup.

Is the spa for couples or is it separated for men and women? Has is ever been so crowded that you can't get a lounger or have room in the pool?

There are changing rooms for women and men. The women's changing room has a sauna, steam room, etc. I assume the men's has the same. The coed area had ceramic loungers, padded loungers, pool, and a hot tub. People tend to spread out so it's not as if there's over-crowding in the pool. the heated loungers get used a lot and there have been times that I haven't gotten to use one, but I just stay in the pool or go to the sauna if that happens.