Frist Princess Cruise

Jane110

Chris.....

On another thread, you said:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Someone told me that Princess views the Grand as their chief vehicle to attract new cruisers to the line and they like to run the ship a bit differently from their others. It is a bit different. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could you tell me what you mean by that? How do you think it's run a bit differently than their other ships?

We're going on our first Princess cruise next week, The Grand, to the Baltic.

I read your review, thanks for posting it. I'm hoping the weather warms up a bit by the 18th and it stops raining.

Jane

We did our first Princess cruise in the Med on the Golden last year and had a great time. I'm not sure what the original poster meant other than Princess may put better crew on "Grand" class ships because they are larger and tend to attract first time cruisers especially in Florida where they do a lot of 7 day cruises. If your experience on the Grand is anything like ours was on the Golden you will have a great time. We have our second Princess cruise scheduled this fall on the Island Princess to Hawaii.

Have a GREAT next cruise.

HAL Noordam 3/97 West Carib

Hal Westerdam 12/97 East Carib

HAL Veendam 11/98 East Carib

Hal Zaandam 12/00 South Carib

HAL Veendam 10/01 Panama Canal

RCCL Enchantment 09/02 W.Carib

Costa Atlantica 12/02 E.Carib

HAL Noordam 03/03 S.Carib

Golden Princess 07/03 Med

Celebrity Zenith 12/03 W.Carib

HAL Maasdam 05/04 Canada

Next cruise

Island Princess 11/04 Hawaii

Hi Jane,

We will be on the Grand on July 8th for our Baltic cruise. I hope you have a wonderful time and cruise.

I also read what that comment about the Grand and really don't know what she was saying. This will be my 10th cruise with Princess. We have sailed on the Grand several times, Golden, Sun Princess and this past April on the new Island Princess. Just the other day we were able to have lunch on the Sapphire Princess right here in Seattle and loved it. That being said, I have never noticed anything different with how the Grand has been run. We sailed the Golden in the Med for its 5th cruise and noticed nothing different about it compared to the Grand in 2000, 2002 and 2003. The ship has been kept immaculate and I see nothing different about it. Granted it was the first built in this class, but I still love and and jumped when we found they were moving it to the Baltic for this summer season.

I'm sure you will have a wonderful cruise and notice no difference in this ship even if you had sailed on another Princess ship. Granted we all notice differences in ships, but I still love the Grand and can guarantee you will too.

Will be thinking of you on your cruise. We leave for Copenhagen on July 1 and are spending several days there before we board the 8th. It is getting here quickly.

Susan

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;7;8;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Grand Princess Baltic Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;9;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Diamond Princess - Northwest Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2005;4;3;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Star Princess - Eastern Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;6;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Diamond Princess - Alaska

Archived