2020 New Ship

Hi,

I've just been doing a little bit of noseying around the internet - I believe I have found a panoramic GCI video (more in depth than the P&O renderings) produced by AIDA about the new ship, which is of the same design as the P&O one. I suspect it may be named Gala; when you hovered over 'new ship 2020' about 4 or 5 months ago the tag that flashed up said Gala and now it has disappeared. The majority of balconies seem quite small by the looks of it!

I'm just speculating though. :)

Dan

We love the smaller ships and love Britannia. We think that this one will be just too big for us.

I do worry that ships are becoming amusement centres not cruise ships .... just our thoughts

I imagine that many like these floating amusement AI parks but it is not for us.

Each to their own though and happy cruising to everyone on whatever ship they like!

We love the smaller ships and love Britannia. We think that this one will be just too big for us.

I do worry that ships are becoming amusement centres not cruise ships .... just our thoughts

I imagine that many like these floating amusement AI parks but it is not for us.

Each to their own though and happy cruising to everyone on whatever ship they like!

I say ....Bring it on.

:). :).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I say ....Bring it on.

I will definitely be going on her but not the maiden voyage. I thing people get very excited about a maiden and then seem disappointed when they find that apart from a few fireworks it's a cruise on a different ship. Also I think the maiden irons out bugs so there are lots of people queuing at reception. In addition I think those that try it because it's P&O but can't embrace the difference with a larger ship become unhappy and moan a lot. So I will be waiting a couple of weeks then going.

Sadly I don't think P&O will be inviting me on any of the test drives, but maybe you will get lucky Dai.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are some other videos of the new ship, the attached one shows a model of the P&O one as well as a video demo of a similar Costa ship due sooner. The essential difference seems to indicate that the P&O promenade deck, with lots of restaurants, will be level all the way from the stern to just before the bow, unlike the Costa and Aida ones which have steep stepping down to the stern area; but all have the new glass dome structure and no sign of any fully outdoor pool areas.

I will definitely be going on her but not the maiden voyage. I thing people get very excited about a maiden and then seem disappointed when they find that apart from a few fireworks it's a cruise on a different ship. Also I think the maiden irons out bugs so there are lots of people queuing at reception. In addition I think those that try it because it's P&O but can't embrace the difference with a larger ship become unhappy and moan a lot. So I will be waiting a couple of weeks then going.

Sadly I don't think P&O will be inviting me on any of the test drives, but maybe you will get lucky Dai.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They will have to make it a long test drive to get me down from the NE. :).

Would not go on the Maiden if they paid me. Or. Well I might consider it if they asked nicely

About 3/4 month in is about right.