Is it possible to delay return flights on a transatlantic cruise?

Deimos

Hi all,

So one of the things I'd love to do is cruise from Southampton to New York, fly down to Sarasota, spend 3 weeks with the family, then fly back to Southampton. (either from New york, Sarasota or Tampa)

I know Cunard offers return flights, but the website only lets you book same day returns.

Do they offer delayed return flights, does anyone know?

And does anyone have an idea of how much it'd be for a return flight, business class roughly? (December time)

Hi all,

So one of the things I'd love to do is cruise from Southampton to New York, fly down to Sarasota, spend 3 weeks with the family, then fly back to Southampton. (either from New york, Sarasota or Tampa)

I know Cunard offers return flights, but the website only lets you book same day returns.

Do they offer delayed return flights, does anyone know?

And does anyone have an idea of how much it'd be for a return flight, business class roughly? (December time)

Yes Cunard offers air deviation. I'm on a transatlantic and I'm returning via Amsterdam 3 weeks after I arrive in Southampton. Contact your travel agent or Cunard customer service.

We always book our flights separately as it is cheaper to make our own arrangements to fly direct to Manchester. We then have all the flexibility on dates we want. Last time we did a 15 day road trip before sailing home, in August we are sailing to NY and flying home direct to Manchester (Thomas Cook premium economy).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

Nice thanks!

If you don't mind me asking, how much is it costing you for the flight back? (And what class of seat?)

$1055 per person Business class. It was cheaper to fly Amsterdam to JFK using Cunard air purchased Business class JFK to Orlando for $270 per person. I'm a travel agent so I'm able to see the air options. I'm on the July 28 NYC to Southampton. If there's any other questions don't hesitate to ask. There's a lot of information on CruiseCritic the best location for cruisers.

$1055 per person Business class. It was cheaper to fly Amsterdam to JFK using Cunard air purchased Business class JFK to Orlando for $270 per person. I'm a travel agent so I'm able to see the air options. I'm on the July 28 NYC to Southampton. If there's any other questions don't hesitate to ask. There's a lot of information on CruiseCritic the best location for cruisers.

Interesting.

I was planning on taking the December voyage from Southampton to New york, which arrives on December 22nd, then flying down to Sarasota, spending Christmas with the family, attending my brothers wedding on the 6th, then flying back around the 21st of January

All the prices I've seen are a lot higher if flying from Tampa to London, the Business class prices, one way, are extreme, around the £5,000 mark!

Only real option seems to be booking a return flight otherwise it's just way out of my budget.

Premium economy is around the £2300 mark.

A return Premium economy is about half the price (£1000)

Why don't you fly Tampa to Orlando or to JFK. Then Orlando or JFK to London using Cunard air. You can also rent a car in Tampa and drop it off at the Orlando airport. Norwegian air has a class between business and premium economy that flies out of Orlando. I'm not sure what the rates are for you because of the pound.

I live in Sarasota, no need to go to Tampa or Orlando for a flight to New York. Both Jet Blue and Delta have non-stop flights to La Guardia and JFK. In addition to Norwegian Air from Orlando and Ft Lauderdale, Air Berlin flies from Fort Meyers, about 1 hour and 15 min from Sarasota. Both Air Berlin and Norwegian Air are discount airlines.

Ricki