Tropical Depressioin

norcalal

Same here, on Glory leaving the 8th. But having lived in La. for many years I know it's too early to worry about. Last I saw the 5 day forecast only showed a moderate likelihood of development, and no real clue where it's going.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Noticed this. We're on the Dream July 16th out of NOLA. Not the best news but hoping the disturbance turns north at some point and the Gulf stays sunny and calm.

We had that luck on dream last year. Instead of Key West and Bahamas, we re-routed to Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Roatan. WooooHooooo. Much better ports.

The five-day pattern shows a potential impact to the eastern side of the Caribbean.

two_atl_5d0.png

It would be worth watching. I have seen this pattern go north into the Atlantic, or stay south and enter the Caribbean.

The good news: Cruise lines also monitor these and are preparing alternate plans for the cruises so the ships are not impacted by these storms.

We were sailing on the Conquest during Steven last October. Missed the DR but we had a great wave pool for 5 or 6 days on the Lido deck. Carnival left it open as long as it was safe.

Travel safe. Carnival will keep you safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's not actually a tropical depression at all. Currently it is listed only as a disturbance. It says there is a 10% chance of cyclone formation in the next 48 hours. There is actually a big difference.

Good luck!

We're going on the Glory leaving from Miami to PR, HMC, St. Thomas and Grand Turk on July 8th (this Saturday!). If this thing turns into a tropical storm or Hurricane ... what will they do? Will the captain just make itinerary changes? I'm nervous 😩 The cruise won't get canceled will it?

We're going on the Glory leaving from Miami to PR, HMC, St. Thomas and Grand Turk on July 8th (this Saturday!). If this thing turns into a tropical storm or Hurricane ... what will they do? Will the captain just make itinerary changes? I'm nervous 😩 The cruise won't get canceled will it?

Many different answers but you can be assured that the Captain will do the right thing.

Yours is similar to mine. One of my first thoughts was that they would go out to sea to avoid it and do a reverse itinerary. Stay tuned

I never worry about the cruise itself. They'll keep you safe because they are pros at doing just that and besides the Captain is on that ship, as well. He likes his life, too. AND...that's a 200,000,000 dollar ship we're on and they like their money.

I'm always more worried about my little car parked in a hotel parking lot in Port Canaveral. ;p

No worries! We were on the Sunshine two years ago and there were 2 hurricanes in our path. The Captain sailed around both and we only had about 5-10 minutes of rain total in 8 days. It was AWESOME & AMAZING! =)

No worries! We were on the Sunshine two years ago and there were 2 hurricanes in our path. The Captain sailed around both and we only had about 5-10 minutes of rain total in 8 days. It was AWESOME & AMAZING! =)

Makes me feel so much better! I want sunny weather!!