4J cabin Vista with photos

rbird

Cabin 7203 4J Vista

4J photos are hard to find so here are my photos and cabin thoughts

I booked 7203 and 7205.

7203 is slightly larger than 7205

The cabin is perfect for two people. It was clean and nothing in disrepair. No sofa just a stool for the dressing table. I even used Carnivals hair dryer over mine because of the convenience. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was Carnivals standard. Yes, they still had a shower curtain and there was an odor with it. The cabin steward requested to speak to us per my sons in the next room. I never waited around for him, rather just left a post it with my morning cleaning preferred and a towel request. I do not like the once a day cleaning but it didn't affect my overall experience. For the first time, I did not tip extra. I kept the standard gratuity as I felt I received "standard" service. Nothing over the top. The fridge worked fine and kept our beverages cool. This deck is sandwiched with the bridge above and cabins below. No hall noise because of the forward location. Yes, it's a trek but well worth it to not have loud pax walking by during sleeping hours.

We encountered rougher than expected seas and therefore experienced noise. I heard a loud bang, crash repeatedly on several nights then it seemed to quiet down. Not sure if it was a door slamming or wave crashing on the front. I have stayed all over ships but the forward cabin provided us the most motion of all our locations. It could be a problem for someone prone to motion sickness, luckily no one in our family suffers from that.

The view was better than expected. You can see the walkway in front and over the railing out to the sea. We did hear footsteps on the bridge during stormy nights but hey, at least someone was up there;) You can not see in the window during the day. You should leave your drapes closed at night. Hope the photos help.

221808607_Cabin.7203(1).jpg.60a47be24a2a570ade8dfd4562750b0e.jpg

Cabin.7203A.jpg.0b0406f527411561861de9403189935e.jpg

Cabin.7203B.jpg.57e276415ff952c031130b45717c0520.jpg

IMG_7542.jpg.960075de698874039c6a697478dea624.jpg

Thank you rbird for posting photos! We are staying in 6203 and 6205 on the VIsta in August for my second cruise and our friends' first cruise. I can find a lot of info about 4j cabins on other Carnival ships, these are the first photos I've seen of this cabin type on the Vista. Can't wait to stand outside and get pictures coming into ports!

We are very excited to have a window for the price of an interior cabin! Even if there is no view, I would appreciate just having the sunlight come into the room in the mornings, rather than just a normal dark interior cabin. Although it sounds like it's a nice view! We are a little nervous about motion, but I seem to suffer from more nervousness about motion sickness than actual motion sickness itself.

I've heard the Vista overall is a pretty smooth ride anyway. Would you agree that's the case?

Overall the new big ships are pretty smooth. I still know I'm on a ship and she is in the ocean so some movement is expected. lol. I am so happy to have booked a great "interior price" for the window. We enjoyed the Havana pool to ourselves just about every night after our early dinner seating. Still pleased with the overall cost of an 8 day cruise. Hope you enjoy and yes the view was way better than expected.

• 2 months later...
Overall the new big ships are pretty smooth. I still know I'm on a ship and she is in the ocean so some movement is expected. lol. I am so happy to have booked a great "interior price" for the window. We enjoyed the Havana pool to ourselves just about every night after our early dinner seating. Still pleased with the overall cost of an 8 day cruise. Hope you enjoy and yes the view was way better than expected.

Hi we will be on the Horizon next summer departing from NYC on 8/20...quick question is the Havana Pool open for all guests? I was told it's only available to guests who booked Havana suites.

Hi we will be on the Horizon next summer departing from NYC on 8/20...quick question is the Havana Pool open for all guests? I was told it's only available to guests who booked Havana suites.

It is open to all after 7pm until then only those who are in Havana Cabins i understand you have a wrist band and they enforce no entry with it.