Nora virus on Constellation June 15th sailing

Jsum

I can't find any posts about this, maybe I missed them? Anyone else get sick while on this cruise? My daughter and I both got it and I must say I won't be returning to this ship. The customer service is terrible (except a few who were exceptional). The overall feel was that there weren't enough employees for the amount of passengers and they were all pretty grumpy. Tables were always dirty, lounge chairs always had used towels on them and the ship itself needs some TLC!

:eek:

So when there is an outbreak...

1. does the cruise end early?

2. do you get kicked off if you are infected?

3. do you have to pay extra to see the doctor?

4. how much is it to see the doctor?

5. Did they charge you for anti diarrhea and emetic drugs?

6. What was the average age of the people on the cruise ship?

Details please. This is something that I dread.

I have been on several cruises with noro.

The cruise doesn't end early

You are confined to your cabin until you are cleared to leave.

No, you don't pay to see the Dr.

Medication to relieve symptoms is free.

Wasn't on this cruise so can't comment about age, but age is not a relevant factor. Hand washing, or the lack of is a factor.

I have been on several cruises with noro.

The cruise doesn't end early

You are confined to your cabin until you are cleared to leave.

No, you don't pay to see the Dr.

Medication to relieve symptoms is free.

Wasn't on this cruise so can't comment about age, but age is not a relevant factor. Hand washing, or the lack of is a factor.

Age is a factor as those who living in nursing homes or those related facilities can be carriers. If you have a lot of people who are carriers spread the virus to a bunch of others, then by simple probability the chance of an outbreak is higher. Also the elderly are less likely to mount an immune response, causing more to get infected.

all the above is correct

they ask you to stay in your cabin for 24 hours (from the time you visit the doctor), however, the doctor told me that if there are hundreds of cases that they know about, there are just as many that they don't know about. Because people don't go to the doctor! We are religious about washing hands and using antibacterial , especially when we are on a cruise, but I really think the ship wasn't on top of their cleanliness until this happened. This is our 7th cruise and we haven't had any issues before, but I had a bad feeling from the beginning, it was just an older ship and things didn't feel clean and well maintained.

Age is a factor as those who living in nursing homes or those related facilities can be carriers. If you have a lot of people who are carriers spread the virus to a bunch of others, then by simple probability the chance of an outbreak is higher. Also the elderly are less likely to mount an immune response, causing more to get infected.

Don't think that too many people who live in Nursing Homes cruise.

When outbreaks such as this occurs, are they not publicized by media reports? This is the first I have heard of this particular outbreak.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know, that's why I'm on here to see if anyone else posted about it.

I agree, it's a cleanliness issue on the ship, they need to do a better job keeping thins clean!

Also, I thought i got food poisoning in port (we were in Montenegro and had lunch off the ship), the doctor was the one to say it was NoraVirus and that it wasn't just food poisoning. It was a 9 day cruise , I got it on day 3, my 15 year old got it on the morning we got off the ship (woke up at 5 am, got a shot from the doctor at 7am, off the ship at 7:30, I felt so bad for her! Thank goodness we were staying so we just had to get her to the hotel , not onto a plane!)

In my original post, I mentioned other facilities too like senior centers, which are a hot bed for Norovirus.

all the above is correct

they ask you to stay in your cabin for 24 hours (from the time you visit the doctor), however, the doctor told me that if there are hundreds of cases that they know about, there are just as many that they don't know about. Because people don't go to the doctor! We are religious about washing hands and using antibacterial , especially when we are on a cruise, but I really think the ship wasn't on top of their cleanliness until this happened. This is our 7th cruise and we haven't had any issues before, but I had a bad feeling from the beginning, it was just an older ship and things didn't feel clean and well maintained.

Was on a ship with a major outbreak. Those who reported to the Medical Center and quarantined received a refund for the time confined to cabin. Those who tried to hide that they had it and did not report received nothing. Naturally they complained that they should have been compensated as well. Those who reported also were given free access to Pay for View movies.

Also, I thought i got food poisoning in port (we were in Montenegro and had lunch off the ship), the doctor was the one to say it was NoraVirus and that it wasn't just food poisoning. It was a 9 day cruise , I got it on day 3, my 15 year old got it on the morning we got off the ship (woke up at 5 am, got a shot from the doctor at 7am, off the ship at 7:30, I felt so bad for her! Thank goodness we were staying so we just had to get her to the hotel , not onto a plane!)

What shot did they give you?

Was on a ship with a major outbreak. Those who reported to the Medical Center and quarantined received a refund for the time confined to cabin. Those who tried to hide that they had it and did not report received nothing. Naturally they complained that they should have been compensated as well. Those who reported also were given free access to Pay for View movies.

:D I think I will always "get" norovirus on every cruise from here on out LOL

yes, we will receive a credit for my 2 days on our NEXT cruise, not the one we were on! And they give you free room service and 2 movies

What shot did they give you?

I can't remember what it was called, but it was to stop nausea. They give you the shot, and 4 or 5 pills to take later, and 6 Imodium pills to take if you need it.

If some how one person in a room is sick, but the other by shear stroke of luck isn't, do they give the other person who isn't quarantined a new room?

Never heard of them doing that.

I can't remember what it was called, but it was to stop nausea. They give you the shot, and 4 or 5 pills to take later, and 6 Imodium pills to take if you need it.

Probably Compazine.

Edited by champagne123

Never heard of them doing that.

No, my husband and I were sharing a room and our daughters were in the room next to us. He was free to do whatever he wanted, but they did come and wipe our room down after I went to the doctor

I was told by the ships doctor they had hundreds of cases. It was so bad the buffet lines were manned by employees so no one touched anything.

My husband got it on Constellation and felt too ill to eat any (free room service) food or watch free movies. The cabin was never cleaned while he was ill, but I got off in the first port and bought some bleach which I used on every surface. I did NOT want to get infected ( and didn't) I was so grateful we were in a balcony cabin so I could sit outside and read.

I can't find any posts about this, maybe I missed them? Anyone else get sick while on this cruise? My daughter and I both got it and I must say I won't be returning to this ship. The customer service is terrible (except a few who were exceptional). The overall feel was that there weren't enough employees for the amount of passengers and they were all pretty grumpy. Tables were always dirty, lounge chairs always had used towels on them and the ship itself needs some TLC!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app