Special medical needs question

chorder

A good friend of mine went on his last cruise with his wife back in 2001 ,since then he has health problems that he feels will keep him from ever cruising again.The problem is that he is on kidney dialysis.He does this at home each night while sleeping .He said that to go on a 7 day cruise he would need to take quite a few cases of the home dialysis medication with him and that shipping costs of the above would be very expensive,though he is not really sure of this. Has anyone ever dealt or had any experience with this type of situation ?I told him he may be able to purchase the meds. in the embarkation port city and have it transported to the ship (just guessing on this) I told him I would post this question for him and relay any info. Thanks Bill

I feel that depending on the dialysis stuff being on time and correct at the embarkation port would be very risky for your friend. The safest way IMO is to bring everything he needs with him.

I have worked with patients using this type of dialysis, and know that the amount of supplies required for seven days is amazing.

I would recommend that your friend contact RCI to discuss his medical needs, and to see if they are able to accomodate him...

Good luck!

Archived