On line check-in- when should I complete it?

caryatid

Where are you sailing from? Baltimore moved all their check in slots to the right after Pride's arrival time switched to 1000 am. We're sailing on Pride at the end of this month and picked our check in slot in April when we booked the cruise; earliest slot we could pick was 1230.

Leaving from Jacksonville on the Elation.

I didn't know this until someone I'd consider a very reputable member of this forum said it yesterday. She said if someone who already has priority status picks an early check-in time, they can go back and pick a later time and it would actually open up the earlier slot for someone else. Since the check-in time doesn't really matter for a priority passenger anyway. If that's the case, it'd be nice if Carnival wouldn't even allow priority passengers to take up valuable early time slots to begin with.

I'm 50/50 on that theory. Let's say there are 300 people with priority status. Probably a good majority of them will want to get there as soon as possible. If 300 people without that status also show up in that same time slot, there will be 600 people trying to get their luggage checked in to the porters at the same time. Granted, after that, there are two separate places to check in to the building. I think it just spreads out the crowds a little better if the priority people have to choose a check in time too. Granted, not every priority cruisers want to check in early but a lot of them do.