A jam and preserve question

saltydog28

At breakfast in the MDR you will more than likely get Strawberry, Marmalade and sometimes Honey. In the Lido or Kings Court you may also find Apricot and Raspberry. All very nice and in the small glass jars. There is a good selection on the in cabin breakfast as well.

My hubby prefers certain jams. He will write in on breakfast raspberry please...etc. you can ask for your preference. FYI by the end of some crossings they tend to run out of certain flavors.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They have other choices such as rasberry but don't put them out. Just ask and they will provide.

My wife is fond of Black Current which is not put out, but they do have it. In the Grills and Britannia Club, after her first request, the staff will put one on the table every morning. In Britannia, where obviously we sit at a different table every breakfast, it has always been brought on request.

Without doubt the best question I have seen on this board. hope they have black cherry.......

Never seen black cherry, nor have I seen an expiration date on those lovely little jars. Perhaps I just don't know where to look for the expiry date? (Confession: I brought one home from our last cruise...but how old is it?) Thanks for any advice as I'm in a jam :-)

Say, do you select your cruises based on the brand of jams?

The jam we had on Fred Olsen at breakfast is £1 for a pack of 12 in B&M Bargains. The Strawberry jam at afternoon tea, was in an unmarked big plastic tub.

I am not a brand snob, but the brand of jam served could say something about the overall cruise experience.

Ssshhh.....I pulled out my stash. The date is on the lower rim of the lid. Around the word Tiptree.

Even the honey, and honey does not go bad.

Black currant, I'll be asking for that.

Pat.

I see it now! Thanks, Pat. I'll be having that orange marmalade on my toast in the morning!:D

-S.