Starfish Sanctuary and Palancar Reef Snorkel Excursion - Opinions?

My wife and I have only snorkeled once and are considering this excursion. We just purchased our own Full-Face Snorkeling Masks. Opinions?

Snorkeling is always fun, and Cozumel is a great place to snorkel, unless you are there right after a storm. :)

My wife and I have only snorkeled once and are considering this excursion. We just purchased our own Full-Face Snorkeling Masks. Opinions?

Palancar Reef is one of my favs. It's a little deep, but plenty of sea life zipping around beneath you. Love watching the sea turtles...:) I'd love to know how you liked the new masks. Considering one for myself....

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is a little late reply, but this topic came up when I searched as I'm considering this excursion.

Johnamac, we have the full face snorkel masks and they are amazing. Literally transformed my snorkelling experience. No salt water in your mouth or eyes, no awkward snokel in your mouth, huge field of vision... I wasn't a great snorkeller before as I hate the taste of sea water and my mask would always leak. I'd be up and down every 2 minutes fiddling with the equipment and then give up. With my full face snorkel I could go for hours without coming up for air! The only thing is you have to get used to is how it feels if you submurge the snorkel and it cuts your air off. The mask gets tight and obviously you can't breath! But just practice it a couple of times in a swimming pool so you don't panic if it happens in the sea. Then just hold your breath if you do dive under like you would anyway. It's fine, it just feels odd the first time it happens, and some people don't like it.

My husband kept stealing my mask on our last trip even though he has his own prescription snorkel mask- so I've had to buy him a full face snorkel as well so we don't have to share!