Late arriving flight questions

That's a better idea in my opinion. And ... if you do have time after the cruise to tour Seattle a little bit, that would probably be a lot easier. The City of Seattle is now picking up the costs for luggage valet (or whatever it is called on Princess) ... so maybe you can check your carry on luggage for no charge and then not have to carry that extra bag all over town when you do your touring. Depending on your flight specifics, you may be able to take advantage of this. You put your luggage to be checked just outside your cabin door at night with specific tags and the next time you see it will be in your destination airport. It works like a charm!! That way, it wouldn't be a hassle at all to take the light rail back to the airport.

And, I bought some excellent sunscreen (Australian Gold) onboard an NCL ship once because I ran out of what I had bought. Now, I always use that brand because it is so wonderful ... really kept me from getting a sunburn, feels so nice on my skin and doesn't have a strong smell. I only paid about $3 more than I would here at home ... and no tax. Because we are elite on Princess, I also get a bit of a discount in the shops. They have a little sundries shop where you can get just about anything. But, your stop at Fred Meyer will probably offer you a better deal ... and great price on the room!! Priceless ... have fun!!

PS ... just one more thought ... Princess has a daily happy hour (x2), buy one, get one for $1. It's a great deal. My nephews, that were only 20 years old at the time, were allowed to join us. While it is in a bar, they never really had a problem with them being in there. They could only order the no alcohol drinks. Not sure how old your son is, but maybe he would be able to join you as well. If not, the no alcohol drinks were also included .. and you could take them outside of the bar to enjoy them as well.

Hey ... I also used to work in Informatics before I retired.

Thank you for all of the information! I appreciate it. NOBODY knows what informatics is, so it is nice to "meet" someone. I am not a nurse informaticist, despite my screen name. I am a MSHI and a BSN, so I work in drug safety for pharma helping the clinicians get the correct information out of the database. I am a nurse and an informaticist, but I did not go to school for nursing informatics. ;)

My son is 18, so I think they would let him in the bar. I do not drink a lot normally, but it is a vacation, so I a few drinks will be enjoyed. :)

I've seen the Australian Gold, I'll have to try it!

Thanks!

Edited by Informatics Nurse

We stayed Seattle Marriott Waterfront downtown and loved the location - lots to see and do in the area - But Seattle rooms are expensive - base room was $275 add taxes fees etc bill was $343/nite - Also stayed at Marriott Airport and it's not much better $197 base + add taxes it's $225/nite. We are Marriott Platinum Elite so we try to build our points with Marriott - so I haven't priced other hotel options. My message is Seattle is an expensive town so be prepared