SEMI-LIVE REVIEW/Honeymooners take to the high seas!/ Oasis of the seas/July 9th 2017

I think this is one of my favorite parts of the cruise, driving up and seeing this. Looking forward to your live review. Have Fun!!!!

Totally agree! That was the most exciting part. Iys like finally I'm here!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Following, looking forward to this review. Your right in my age group and ill be going on the sister ship Allure in September. So I am curious to what you all do. After 7 Carnival Cruises, I decided to break out of my comfort zone and do a solo on Allure, alittle nervous.

Following, looking forward to this review. Your right in my age group and ill be going on the sister ship Allure in September. So I am curious to what you all do. After 7 Carnival Cruises, I decided to break out of my comfort zone and do a solo on Allure, alittle nervous.

You sound like me, my favorite ship is the nice peaceful Norwegian Gem. However our next cruise is on the Oasis. "A little nervous" indeed.

Mike

Bridgeport, WV

Finally! I'm able to sit down and do this review.

Embarkation Day:

We checked out our hotel (Ramada Inn & suites) on international drive around 9:30 to make a few last minute stops before heading to the port. Of course this had to be hectic! The breakfast at the hotel was sub par but our room was awesome. We were minutes from universal studios and walking distance from food and shops. I'd recommend this hotel only if you get a club suite.

We had to stop at the bank to take cash out and I kick myself every time for not doing this the day before because of so much time lost. My trip to the bank turned into an almost hour ordeal. I couldn't withdraw any money out of my account nor could my husband. ughhhhh!

Finally, about 10:15 we were on the road. We took the expressway which involved about 4.25$ total in tolls if my memory serves me right.

The ride there was smooth and barely any traffic. We dropped off our bags first at around 11:50 then we went to drop our car off at avis. We then had to wait for the avis shuttle which took about another 45 mins. We were the first stop fortunately. The terminal was really busy at this point with it being after 1 pm when we finally got inside. I believe boarding started around 11 or a little before that. We had to go through security which turned into another waiting game due to so many people being upstairs checking in. They held off on passing through security twice before we were permitted to go through. Then you guessed it another line! LOL. By 2 we were on board and hungry. We happened to pass where they were selling the specialty restaurants and inquired about our FNDR choice. We got 150 Central Park and took a look at the menu. We didn't like that so we asked to change it to Chops grill at 8:00.We then went to find food. There was a line on either side of the windjammer so we opted for Park Cafe instead. I guess people either don't know or forget this place is available for lunch because it was way less crowded. DH was still hungry so we headed to the windjammer to see if the lines were gone and sure enough they were. He ate a few things and I had some cheese and ham because I didn't see anything else that interested me. This will become a theme on this cruise as you will see. We checked out our room and loved it! We were port side in cabin 12-222 (this room was picked because it was easy to remember). Our bags had not arrived so we couldn't unpack, so we headed down to the promenade to explore. After exploring we went back to our room and our bags were there! yay! We unpacked and when I say we I mean me, LOL..

Dinner at Chops was great! Our waiter was funny and super helpful. Unfortunately, I don't recall his name. We both had the grilled filet mignon and it was cooked perfectly. We had mashed potatoes and asparagus to share. I was so full and couldn't eat another morsel of food. At this point I was really wishing I had a extra stomach to eat dessert but I just couldn't. Our waited asked if I wanted to take it back with me. He put my food in a container for me and even had them make me some more sides to take. I asked if we could take our deserts to go as well and laughed and said yes. He congratulated us on our honeymoon and let us know that if the ship was rocking he knew it was from us. LMAO! We ended up giving him a nice tip.

Start again later!

Congrats! We had honeymooners next door to us on 9 port side. We knew because of the sign on the door. But, we never saw them once. We laughed about that. I was hoping you'd say the room next to us so I could finally say congrats and hi! LOL.