Wifi plan.....do i have this right?

Nadersmom

I know there are tons of threads about this. Please excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject. I want to be sure I understand this correctly.

1. I plan to purchase the $5 per week per phone for texting amongst the people in my party on the cruise.

So....we download the hub app, which we can do at any time prior to the cruise. Once on the ship, I can purchase the service for each phone at the service desk. We then have to be sure put our phone in AIRPLANE mode and THEN .......What?

2. My son wants to pay on his own to get the social media package for $5.00 per day for his phone so he can post photos on his facebook account during the trip. I was going to purchase that ahead of time as it shows $4.00 per day on Carnivals site. So if I purchase that for his phone......

A......He does the same as above? puts his phone in AIRPLANE mode and then......?

B......If he has the social media package, will he automatically be able to use the HUB app anyway so I only have to purchase the $5/week texting package for my phone and my husbands phone? or do I still need to purchase that for his phone as well?

Sorry, I'm not cut out for modern technology LOL. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

I know there are tons of threads about this. Please excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject. I want to be sure I understand this correctly.

1. I plan to purchase the $5 per week per phone for texting amongst the people in my party on the cruise.

So....we download the hub app, which we can do at any time prior to the cruise. Once on the ship, I can purchase the service for each phone at the service desk. We then have to be sure put our phone in AIRPLANE mode and THEN .......What?

2. My son wants to pay on his own to get the social media package for $5.00 per day for his phone so he can post photos on his facebook account during the trip. I was going to purchase that ahead of time as it shows $4.00 per day on Carnivals site. So if I purchase that for his phone......

A......He does the same as above? puts his phone in AIRPLANE mode and then......?

B......If he has the social media package, will he automatically be able to use the HUB app anyway so I only have to purchase the $5/week texting package for my phone and my husbands phone? or do I still need to purchase that for his phone as well?

Sorry, I'm not cut out for modern technology LOL. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

1. No need to go to GS for this, once you on the ship, you can log into the app and choose to add the messaging feature. You will have to enter your folio number for billing.
  2. The texting feature for the HUB app is completely separate from the Social Media package, so if you want to be able to message back and forth with DS, he will have to pay the $5 as well.

Once you get onto the ship:

• Put the phone into airplane mode
  • Turn on the wifi setting
  • Connect to the ship's wifi
  • Enter the HUB app (for those features) or attempt to enter any social media app (for DS). He will be prompted to enter his folio number. If you have prepaid, he should then be good to go.

Here's a little more info.

The HUB App runs on the ship's intranet, basically a private internal repeater system (that use older frequencies of WiFi) that barely covers the entire ship. It allows, at no fee, access to an electronic version of the FunTimes, venue open/close times, deck maps, venue descriptions, and view your on board account balances (& on some ships view portraits taken). In addition to the free features it also allows for in app purchases while on board, this would include the chat feature & internet plans or upgrades (& on certain ship's to pay for a download version of portraits).

The Wifi used for the internet packages allow for an inexpensive access to satellite access of the world wide web. Albeit only certain website at the lower 2 levels, but much less expensive than the same access through CellularAtSea and you contract provider. Whatever apps (F B messenger, Whatsapp, Snapchat, etc) for the internet will have to be already downloaded prior to muster (safety briefing) to be used once the ship leaves dock.

Keep in mind that many FB Postings have links or articles that you cannot access with the social media package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here's a little more info.

The HUB App runs on the ship's intranet, basically a private internal repeater system (that use older frequencies of WiFi) that barely covers the entire ship. It allows, at no fee, access to an electronic version of the FunTimes, venue open/close times, deck maps, venue descriptions, and view your on board account balances (& on some ships view portraits taken). In addition to the free features it also allows for in app purchases while on board, this would include the chat feature & internet plans or upgrades (& on certain ship's to pay for a download version of portraits).

The Wifi used for the internet packages allow for an inexpensive access to satellite access of the world wide web. Albeit only certain website at the lower 2 levels, but much less expensive than the same access through CellularAtSea and you contract provider. Whatever apps (F B messenger, Whatsapp, Snapchat, etc) for the internet will have to be already downloaded prior to muster (safety briefing) to be used once the ship leaves dock.

Thank you for the extra info!!

Keep in mind that many FB Postings have links or articles that you cannot access with the social media package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My understanding from him is that he only wants to post photos ect. so I think we are good then. I appreciate the info! :) as I know nothing about facebook. I am the last remaining person on the face of the earth that does not have a facebook, snapchat, twitter or instagram account,..... or so I'm told. LOL This site is pretty much the extent of my activity in the social media world.