Vancouver to Hawaii on solstice

gizmodog

Done it 3 times and both directions. Every time the weather was perfect except when close to Vancouver. Those 1 or 2 days were rough each time. Once away from the PNW the weather was great.

Just did the Hawaii to Vancouver in May 2017 on Solstice ; unfortunately, seas were mainly moderate ( 13-15 feet waves) for about 4 days, and rough one morning during the crossing from Big Island to Vancouver.Fairly windy outdoors and a bit chilly, occasional rain showers. Solstice handled the seas quite well; but enjoyment of outdoor activities was negatively impacted. This said, sceneries, volcano viewing and weather were fabulous while navigating around the Hawaiian Islands, especially, when Solstice made a 360 turns, in front of an erupting volcano at night, thus allowing all to see the impressive natural show. I would recommend being prepared by having motion sickness fighting tools. ( It was our 5th cruise, and the first where my DW felt ill, due to motion sickness)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did Hawaii to Vancouver in April 2016 on the Solstice. I was surprised how quickly it got cold once we left the islands. By our second sea day it was too cold to enjoy the outside pool. Also, be aware that Lahaina, Maui is a tender port. This was our first time in Hawaii and the water was much rougher than I expected. We stayed on land in Maui, but I heard from some who did snorkel tours there that many on board their boat got sea sick. DH and I had the same experience in Kona, which is also a tender port. We did a ship sponsored snorkel tour and the water was very rough. A number of passengers got sick. DH and I spent very little time snorkeling as the current was so strong. Overall, we had a great time in the islands but I don't think we would do this repo cruise again. As nice as it was to fly back to the east coast from Vancouver, five sea days in a row was a bit too much for DH.

Wife and I did cruise last Sept.,weather was high 60s 1 st day. The next four days mid 70s. Seas were calm all 5 days.Kona to Helio Capt. sail passed volcano on south side of island at night. Tendering at Kona and Maui. Activities on board Lei making ( 2 classes and packed), Hula lessons, and ukalali playing. My third cruise on Solstice ,great service and food. Ship didn't have lawn grill and porch.Sushi on 5 is there , never saw many people using it. We got a 30% discount at Murano and Tustin, both were 1/2 full. Wanted to try a 5 days at sea cruise. Would do it again. We had a port side cabin for sun. Embarkation was not pleasant at Canada Place. 2 ships were embarking at same time, 2 floors one for luggage drop off and 2nd floor for check in. Canada takes blame. 1 hour and 15 minutes , usually 10 to 30 minutes ,

9never sw