Arrival appointment vs. Boarding time

cthrn27

hello. Just reviewing my docs and my BOARDING PASS lists ARRIVAL APPT 12-12:30, but the BOOKING SUMMARY lists BOARDING TIME AS 1:30 - 3:00. Have I done something wrong? should they be the same??? do we arrive and wait to be processed? or just mill around for a while?? Boarding on Conquest, Jul 10. Any help appreciated.

You have done nothing wrong. You will be allow to enter the building via your 12-12:30 check in time. You will have to wait after check in until boarding begins. The 1:30 time is really just a guess. After the ship clears (everyone is off and any crew inspections that might occur) boarding will begin. First are wedding parties followed by Diamond, Platinum, Suite guests and FTTF (Faster to the Fun= think fast pass). Then general boarding begins by zone number. Most ports are strict about your check in times and will not allow you to enter the building until such time. You can however opt to arrive later in the process. Please keep in mind that you must be on board at least 90 minutes prior to sail away.

Enjoy the Conquest--she was our first.

hello. Just reviewing my docs and my BOARDING PASS lists ARRIVAL APPT 12-12:30, but the BOOKING SUMMARY lists BOARDING TIME AS 1:30 - 3:00. Have I done something wrong? should they be the same??? do we arrive and wait to be processed? or just mill around for a while?? Boarding on Conquest, Jul 10. Any help appreciated.

They are 2 different things all together.

Hi there

To clarify...the time you are allowed to check in - 12-12:30 refers to only that "checking in", doing the pre boarding paperwork, security screening etc... Boarding time is when they will allow people to board the ship. So yes, if they are correct in their estimation of when passengers will be allowed to board, you would likely be waiting about an hour after your check in to board.

Just curious, because I looked and it shows your cruise is scheduled to depart at 4 p.m. Have they notified you that your departure time has been delayed? Having people board as late as 3 p.m. would not be normal for a 4 p.m. departure. I say this because normally for a 4 p.m. departure, unless there was some special issue, passengers would be boarding by 11:00 - 11:30 a.m.

So if there was a change and your departure was indeed put back and you did not want to "wait", you would be allowed to check in any time after your scheduled 12 - 12:30. If it was convenient for you to arrive at 1:30 for instance, you would do your check in and board immediately since boarding would have already started.

hope this helps

have a great cruise