parking - flying from JFK, returning on QM2

Jesson

I am not sure that residents of Brooklyn (Kings County) and Staten Island (Richmond), as well as those of The Bronx and Queens would like being told that they do not live in NYC.

That name of that street in lower Manhattan is pronounced "how-stin", while the Texas city is more like "hew-stin".

So then you know exactly what I meant....and that was to avoid Penn or GCS because there are easier ways to accomplish what they need

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So then you know exactly what I meant....and that was to avoid Penn or GCS because there are easier ways to accomplish what they need

I know WHAT you mean, but do not accept your conclusion as the easiest or best - in all circumstances. A lot depends upon starting point, cost sensitivity, interest in driving in NYC (yes, all and every part of it), mobility, etc.

I am not saying you are wrong - just pointing out that you might not be the sole source of all wisdom.

I know WHAT you mean, but do not accept your conclusion as the easiest or best - in all circumstances. A lot depends upon starting point, cost sensitivity, interest in driving in NYC (yes, all and every part of it), mobility, etc.

I am not saying you are wrong - just pointing out that you might not be the sole source of all wisdom.

I'm responding to the OP issues...they said there were back/mobility issues

I'm not directing my answers to a 25 yo athlete

I'm responding to the op so any other scenarios are not needed

So ...

If someone posts they have physical limitations then going directly from point A to point B is the logical suggestion

Not park car somewhere ..take train into major crowded metropolitan city...take air train..or take taxi...or subway..etc

The logical and best response would be...

If you have physical limitations then take the easiest simplest route to get to your destination regardless of cost.

Let me digress for a moment...I recently took the train with my 2 young adult physically fit kids...from Rome to Naples...

Now I could have switched to the circumvesuviana train at Naples to get to sorrento for under 10e for all 3 of us then I could have taken a 50E taxi from sorrento train to our hotel up in the hills overlooking the bay of Naples

What did I do? I paid 110e to have a driver waiting for us in Naples train station and got a nice comfortable ride in an a/c van right to our hotel

I met a family in a few days later traveling with 3 kids under age 8 and they chose to take the train to sorrento from Naples and they had to stand in the train aisles with the kids and luggage for the 90 minute hot smelly ride then then too had to take a taxi to hotel...

He told me that this ordeal cost him 90e in total thanks to excessive taxi rates and you got it....yippie he saved 20E over what my ride cost me and it took him 90 minutes and it took me 60 minutes. Oh and I sat and they stood

So they saved 20e and I didn't ...but I sat in a gorgeous Mercedes van with just my kids and the luggage safely in the back and didn't sweat and had a great view of the bay ...

Just sayin....you can make transportation complicated and take train taxi subway etc to get to your destination not to mention time and energy wasted....but you will save a few dollars or you can comfortably get from point A to point B ...which is especially important when you have physical limits as this op has said they have

We're flying to Europe on Sept 29 via JFK and returning via QM2 arriving Oct 20.

We are considering parking at Brooklyn Pier and taking a taxi or car service to JFK for our flight to Europe. That was our car will be easily accessible when we return on the QM2 - Any opinions? Jesson

This is OP's opening post. No mention of handicap --- but an open request for: "Any opinions?"

The OP might find some help from those with first-hand familiarity in these situations over in the Cunard forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54

There certainly should be somebody there who flew on way and sailed the other.

As noted in post #11 on this thread, we have done precisely this routine (twice) - we also come from Connecticut. Because we spend a fair amount of time in England before sailing back, we like the security and economy of parking at Stamford station- which allows us to avoid driving in NYC - yes - Brooklyn and Queens are both considered NYC. Yes, we move from our car to the train, then from the train to a taxi to JFK, and returning we taxi from Brooklyn Cruise Terminal to Grand Central to get the train to Stamford. Sure, we could have car service - pretty costly, and a hassle connecting with it at the cruise terminal - much easier grabbing a taxi.