Looking for a reference for CruiseCompete

Murphey

I have received a very favorable quote from ***** for a trip we are interested in booking...would like any experiences....We have used a local TA for years, but have been thinking of making a change. Thank you for taking the time to reply!

I found our 11/22/04 cruise on Sapphire Princess from a TA on Cruise Compete - twas the best deal we had found so far and we went for it - She has been great - we always went with someone close by but what the heck - a deal is a deal! And if this works out - we may use her more ofteen or others on cruise compete!

Amazingrace

Regency Lines ~ 87,94,94-94~BTB,95

Admiral ~ 87,88

Commodore ~ 92

Princess ~ 93,"Sapphire04~soon"

Royal Carribbean ~ 91,96,00,01-01~BTB,03-03~BTB

Royal Olympic ~ 96

Carnival ~ 97,97,99

Festival ~ 98

Celebrity ~ 02-02~BTB

I've heard nothing but good results from *****. The agencies that "compete" for your cruise are all putting their best foot forward, offering their best price and outlining all the features of their level of service...and that's the key.

You probably found several with similar pricing and one or two that broke out in front of the pack pricing-wise. Be sure you're satisfied with the amount of service they'll be providing. On your ***** bid should be listed ALL fees or charges that may apply to you, there should be no surprises and I have not heard of any being levied so far. What you see is, apparently, what you get.

This is an awesome service to use also to verify that your existing TA is paying attention to you and working to your benefit by providing a competitive price.

After our first four cruises I found out the hard way that our TA was not and, IMHO, was placing a premium value on his service. At that time I used Travelocity to check prices and sailings so that when I called our TA I would have an idea of what I wanted and what I needed to pay. He knew that and I was always pleased to find that his prices were less than Travelocity by about $50.

What I didn't realize was that there were a lot of other people willing to quote a price far less than that.

If I read between the lines a little bit it sounds to me like you may not need much hand-holding at this point in the creation of your cruise history but like many of us may like the personal relationship you may have with your existing TA.

In that case I'd be sure before you jump ship if the price is close. I'm a big believer in building a good (but informed and alert) relationship with your TA, one that works for both of you. You'll read on the board about members who are really pleased with their TA, like Kims Cruises or Crucon, and I think that means a lot. These are the same people that share valuable cruise information with us and offer advice that has proven to be right on the mark.

I think your concern is an important one, thanks for bringing it up.

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Sapphire Princess June '05

Caribbean Princess 09/17/05

Carnival Valor 10/30/05

We needed a disabled cabin and our usual TA couldn't get us one - she wanted us to take a regular cabin and said my friend could do a wheelie on her scooter in one - which is not true - my friend spends most of her time on and off the ship on her rascal scooter, she can't walk much anymore but still loves to cruise, anyway we got what we wanted, a disabled cabin from cruise compete and we are very happy!

Amazingrace

Regency Lines ~ 87,94,94-94~BTB,95

Admiral ~ 87,88

Commodore ~ 92

Princess ~ 93,"Sapphire04~soon"

Royal Carribbean ~ 91,96,00,01-01~BTB,03-03~BTB

Royal Olympic ~ 96

Carnival ~ 97,97,99

Festival ~ 98

Celebrity ~ 02-02~BTB

so far so good for us. I used ***** to book our upcoming cruise and have had nothing but excellent service. The TA that got our booking is out of orlando. On the first call they provided me with an email, phone # and an address.

Diane

Explorer of the Sea 12/5/04

Legend of the Sea 9/12/04

Voyager of the Sea 8/24/03

Sovereign of the Sea 07/01

Thank you all for your valuable input. Chris, you are right, We have used the same TA for 8 years and quite frankly, I think he's gotten a litlle lazy. We have cruised a ton (in my husband's opinion, not nearly enough in my own!!) and have given him referrals like mad. I have always done my own research, then called him to see if he can come within $100...if he can, I always give him the booking, however, I would like someone out there who is looking for, knows what we like and perhaps some shipboard credit or a bottle of wine in our cabin to show appreciation. I reaaly appreciated everyone taking the time to respond....I think I will be booking our next cruise (our 21st on Princess!) today!!!

Just for the heck of it, I just called cruise compete to get a quote on a booking I already have. The best quote they gave me for an AD mini suite was around $50-75pp higher than what I have already booked in an AC category which also gives me shipboard credit and two bottles of wine. This is for inside passage in 2005. I told the TA that and he said "let me put you on hold and see if I can find another promotion." I didn't wait. So, this is just one persons experience.

Lynda

Okay, I'm the one in a 1000 that has a bad or unusal experience icon_razz.gif It's a wonderful way to get a quote, just keep a head up.

In keeping tabs with the cost of my cruise, I sent a request to *****.

One quote was $100 less than kim.

When I called the person back and he tried to sell me an online service members only service. That's were he got the price. Now that's not such a bad thing, the members only site has excellent rates. But again you lose your shipboard credit. icon_biggrin.gif

So far I'm keeping my TA icon_cool.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;03;12;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Grand Princess 03-12-2005 click here for our roll

San Antionio Cruisers click here for roll call

Archived