Carnival Glory or Vista - Same Itinerary

cidymom

Which ship would you pick Glory or Vista with the same Itinerary? I know Glory was just refurbished. Doesn't Vista have waterslides? I didn't see any on the deck plans. Also, Vista is more expensive than Glory but it's newer and probably have more bells and whistles I'm thinking. Any comments?

:cool: Unless your looking to save a few $ you need to go for the Vista. The Glory is a great ship but over 10 years old. Don't get me wrong it is still in good shape but it shows signs of wear. The Vista has much more to offer plus is only 1 year old.

We really enjoyed the Red Frog Pub, had a great time there almost every day and we don't drink a lot of beer.LOL

I'm sure you will have a great cruise on the ship you book.

In the same situation, we chose the Glory. Freedom is our favorite ship and they are the same class. We felt the Breeze was a bit too many people for us, so I think the Vista would have the same issue. It really depends on what you are looking for. Do you have kids going with you? Because that would change my answer.

If everyone is 12 and over, I would book a Havana cabin on the Vista. Experiencing a Havana cabin and the Havana pool area made the Vista our favorite cruise so far out of 12. If traveling with younger children, I think either ship will provide a similiar experience.

If the OP hasn't experienced Vista yet, I would suggest they do the Vista. Carnival's newest ship, it has very pleasing decor and lots of enhancements. There are some negatives, but overall the Vista beats the Glory in most catergories.

Well, I am an experienced cruiser (just finished my 20th) on all different lines, all kinds of ships and cabins. I've also just sailed both the Vista (Jan '17) and the Glory (June '17).

As far as amenities and activities on the ship, the Vista with all the new stuff is much nicer. Of course it's a new ship, better waterslides, IMAX, the SkyRide thing, etc. We had a Havana Cabana cabin and LOVED it. If I could book a Cabana on every cruise, I would. It was fantastic.

The Glory, although older, had a much better vibe. The entertainment throughout the ship was phenomenal. So much fun. I liked the Glory more for the decor/color/atrium lobby. It was so comfortable, fun and easy.

The Vista was sooooo crowded feeling. There were so few seats in the public areas and those that they had were very "modern" and uncomfortable. I prefer the big squishy lounged throughout the Glory to the simple stools on the Vista.

If you are looking for modern, new shiny white, more "stark" public areas, the Vista would be more your style. If you are looking for more comfortable, relaxed, colorful public areas, the Glory would be more your style.

Glory has two new slides (waterworks) and they are decent, but not as nice as the Vistas. Vista also has the ropes course, and things like that.

Food was comparable on both. Both offer same/similar bars. Vista has a few newer ala carte restaurants, but Glory's buffet was much better in my opinon.