Please help some questions POA.

luv2gonow

Hi, I can't believe I leave in 9days for my dream vacation.

1st DL for 3 nights on way to Oahu.

Then 5 nights Aulani followed by 1 night precruise in Waikiki.

Ok so trying to plan dining

What time is the N'apoli coast sail by and for how long .

Also same question for Lava flow sail by. Is this from Hilo or Kona.

Also which shows are not to be missed and which nights are they.

No beverage package:o

Best bars for views? Fun?

Is Cagney and hibachi place best for fee restaurant?

Any other tips?

Thanks

Kerri

What time is the N'apoli coast sail by and for how long . About 5-5:30pm.

Also same question for Lava flow sail by. Is this from Hilo or Kona. Around 9-9:30pm, from Kona

Any other tips?

Thanks

Kerri

see answers in red

Any other tips?

Thanks

Kerri

They did offer soda packages on board and I believe a wine package.

Favorite show was Wednesday evening- The Frankie Valle tribute show- Oh what a Night.

Teppanyaki (Hibachi), Cagneys, and Modern were very good. I was glad to have gotten the 3 night specialty rest. Package. Also, liked Cadillac Diner on Deck 6.

Sailby of Na Pali coast was Friday 445-530.

Enjoyed sitting g outside at the Aloha Lanai Bar which is outside in front of the Buffet.

Thanks so much!

Map looks like goes out to sea after kona so I thought it was sail between Hilo and kona.

Kerri

The sail-by the lava flow is after departure from Hilo .... going to Kona. Around 9 to 9:30pm.

Chuck C.

OOPS! Chuck is correct about the lava sail by is from Hilo. Sorry about the error.

Any other tips?

Thanks

Kerri

Na Pali coast was 5:15 from Kauai.

Lava flow was 9:45 from Hilo.

Michael Summerville, the comedian, was very funny. Don't miss either show.

The Crew Ohana Talent Show was great.

Restaurants: MDR food was decent. Cagney's and Teppanyaki was not up to par at all. We ate two nights at La Cucina and loved it! Best service we gotten on the ship. Deanna the manager was very attentive to all the guests. Ask for Kei as your server. She is from Guam. Great experience in La Cucina. Food was amazing.

As for bars, we spent our time at the John Adams in the atrium. Casey and Vilma were great. Not weak on the liquor and great conversation.

You also have a great cruise director in Vincent. Don't miss his suits.

I will be posting a full review in the next day or two with the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Thanks for all the great info!!

Ok so looks like I will have time for another signature dinner on the Volcano sail by.

I'm so psyched!!

Looking forward to your review zerooveride:-)

Is there a luao type show onboard?

Kerri

It amazes me how different opinions can be. We sailed POA from June24-July1. We had a great time. We had the 3 night specialty restaurant package and ate at La Cucina, Moderno and Cagneys. I thought each night was spectacular. Would have liked to try Teppanyaki, but we waited too long and all reservations were filled. We have sailed on several cruises and thought the food on this trip was the best we have had. That included the main dining rooms, buffet, and the Cadillac Diner. We ate very few meals when not on the ship. Breakfast at the Cadillac Diner was my favorite because it was never busy and they had outside seating.

We did not think the comedian was funny and actually thought that the staff talent show was better. The Oh What a Night is not to be missed. We thought the Las Vegas show was a bit cheesy.

Bring your binoculars for the lava sail by if you are going to be out on the deck or a balcony. It was an amazing sight.

We liked having cocktails on the top deck at the back of the boat, but this was also the smoking area so we had to select our seats carefully. The bar that was like a saloon had some great live music and free popcorn. They also did beer and margarita tasting sessions there. We didn't participate, but it looked like fun. We purchased the soda card for my husband and water bottles for the cabin for me. Without a bar set up or drink package it was pricey to have cocktails.

We never felt like we had to search for deck chairs by the pool. I guess without sea days people are out and about on shore. It was a nice change from what we are used to.

I am sure you will have a great time. Don't take other people's opinions to seriously. Yours may differ greatly. Just go and enjoy. It was the trip of a lifetime for us.

Hi, I can't believe I leave in 9days for my dream vacation......

Thanks

Kerri

Re: the lava sail by: If the lava is not actively flowing to the sea, then the ship will not sail around the island that way. They will go around the north side instead.

Food is such a subjective thing. We've always loved Cagney's (including on the POA) and always avoided the Teppanyaki after several very disappointing dinners at that restaurant on different ships.

The POA cruise is so port intensive, and you'll be so busy that when you get back to the ship, you may only want an MDR or buffet diner and then straight to the cabin to crash!

It amazes me how different opinions can be. We sailed POA from June24-July1. We had a great time. We had the 3 night specialty restaurant package and ate at La Cucina, Moderno and Cagneys. I thought each night was spectacular. Would have liked to try Teppanyaki, but we waited too long and all reservations were filled. We have sailed on several cruises and thought the food on this trip was the best we have had. That included the main dining rooms, buffet, and the Cadillac Diner. We ate very few meals when not on the ship. Breakfast at the Cadillac Diner was my favorite because it was never busy and they had outside seating.

We did not think the comedian was funny and actually thought that the staff talent show was better. The Oh What a Night is not to be missed. We thought the Las Vegas show was a bit cheesy.

Bring your binoculars for the lava sail by if you are going to be out on the deck or a balcony. It was an amazing sight.

We liked having cocktails on the top deck at the back of the boat, but this was also the smoking area so we had to select our seats carefully. The bar that was like a saloon had some great live music and free popcorn. They also did beer and margarita tasting sessions there. We didn't participate, but it looked like fun. We purchased the soda card for my husband and water bottles for the cabin for me. Without a bar set up or drink package it was pricey to have cocktails.

We never felt like we had to search for deck chairs by the pool. I guess without sea days people are out and about on shore. It was a nice change from what we are used to.

I am sure you will have a great time. Don't take other people's opinions to seriously. Yours may differ greatly. Just go and enjoy. It was the trip of a lifetime for us.

Yes we are not picky people and so far every cruise has been amazing.

Great idea with binoculars.

Sounds like you had a wonderful cruise! Can't believe a week from today I will be in Disneyland:D

Hope the comedian is funny we love that! There is certainly no lack of material lately in the news ;-)

Re: the lava sail by: If the lava is not actively flowing to the sea, then the ship will not sail around the island that way. They will go around the north side instead.

Food is such a subjective thing. We've always loved Cagney's (including on the POA) and always avoided the Teppanyaki after several very disappointing dinners at that restaurant on different ships.

The POA cruise is so port intensive, and you'll be so busy that when you get back to the ship, you may only want an MDR or buffet diner and then straight to the cabin to crash!

Yes, we booked Cagneys and Teppanyaki only because my daughter has begged to go there every cruise. LOL.

I was going to buy the 3 package but I figured I am gonna want to just chill and run to the buffet at night.

Will they announce if there is lava flow?

thanks

Kerri