Deluxe Beverage Package Question

I was looking at the deluxe beverage package and also the package that includes Voom. New to all this, but I'm seeing it listed as $74.25 and $79.65 (Canadian) It says that price includes pre cruise discount. Do you think before my cruise (November on Oasis) that there might be a better offer, or is this the most of a discount there's going to be?

As Bob said, buy it now and re-purchase if it goes down. As example our October cruise on Oasis for that package is $59 (USD). So there is never any reason to RCL pricing. The Deluxe only package for ours was $46 and jumped to $55 overnight with no warning. However, the Deluxe + Voom never changed from the $59.

Is that a Thanksgiving cruise?

Thanks. I love the idea of having the package for the convenience of having it and knowing it's paid for already. I spoke to the travel agent that we're going through and she called up and apparently there is no promotion right now. Good to know that I can always cancel it and repurchase it at a better price.

We're leaving on Radiance August 4th's sailing to Alaska and just purchased our deluxe alcohol package with Voom for $54/day. We are still getting emails offering up to 30% off on specialty dining and excursions so I am sure as your cruise gets closer, you will receive notices too.

Karen

if it doesn't come down and I don't go ahead with beverage plan, can I somehow add a certain amount to onboard credit like an onboard expense account/card so that both people in our room can use it. Instead of pulling out a credit card or cash every time we want to buy a drink.

if it doesn't come down and I don't go ahead with beverage plan, can I somehow add a certain amount to onboard credit like an onboard expense account/card so that both people in our room can use it. Instead of pulling out a credit card or cash every time we want to buy a drink.

When you are onboard, all purchases are made using your SeaPass card to charge your onboard account, you cannot use cash or a credit card to pay for drinks. You can add credit to your onboard account pre-cruise by calling 800-722-5443.

Thanks. As I said I'm still holding out hope that I can get a better rate (74.29 Canadian at moment is about 58 USD) Which is a bit much to me for convenience sakes cause we won't drink that much to make it worthwhile at that rate. Knowing that its quite easy just using setsail pass is good to know.

Thanks. As I said I'm still holding out hope that I can get a better rate (74.29 Canadian at moment is about 58 USD) Which is a bit much to me for convenience sakes cause we won't drink that much to make it worthwhile at that rate. Knowing that its quite easy just using setsail pass is good to know.

As I mentioned earlier, there's no reason to "hold out", as you can cancel and re-order if you see a lower price. You may not be thinking of this, but the price can also go up.

What is the cost of a beer? Is there a limit per day? 16 day crossing on the Brillance in November

Thanks Ontario Cruiser

Beer runs $6 to $8. No daily limit. If they catch you sharing with someone else, they can cancel your package with no refund.

A bit off topic but I have a question about beverage packages on a TA. We will be on a 16 night TA next month. We will not want to purchase the beverage package in the beginning because we have only one sea day for the first 10 days on board and we will have access to drinks in the lounge at night plus the wine we bring onboard. We would like to purchase the beverage package for the last six days onboard when we will have only one port day. Can the beverage package still be purchased partway through the cruise as long as there are at least 4 days left?

A bit off topic but I have a question about beverage packages on a TA. We will be on a 16 night TA next month. We will not want to purchase the beverage package in the beginning because we have only one sea day for the first 10 days on board and we will have access to drinks in the lounge at night plus the wine we bring onboard. We would like to purchase the beverage package for the last six days onboard when we will have only one port day. Can the beverage package still be purchased partway through the cruise as long as there are at least 4 days left?

That's been the rule in the past.

from our exsperience prepurchased packages are always a little cheaper than waiting to get on the ship and buy, plus if you prepurchase when you board you can start using it right away instead of having to wait in a line!

It isn't possible to purchase for just one day, is it? We only have 1 seaday in our week long cruise so I cant justify it for port days.

Thanks!

Pre-cruise you must purchase for the entire cruise. Once onboard you can purchase for as little as 4 days, and whenever you purchase, it has to be for the remainder of the cruise.

We paid $39 + 18% gratuity per night (prepaid online before travel) on our recent Anthem cruise. I believe this was a 33% discount. It was full price onboard.

If it's convenience you are after, it makes no difference if you have a package or not. They swipe your room keycard (SeaPass) for every drink, and you pay at the end of the cruise. You will need to sign the receipt if you don't have a package, but that's the only difference. Even with a package, you sometimes need to sign anyway...

You can pre-register a credit card if you want to just auto checkout at the end of the cruise, or join the queue to pay cash etc.

We paid $39 + 18% gratuity per night (prepaid online before travel) on our recent Anthem cruise. I believe this was a 33% discount. It was full price onboard.

If it's convenience you are after, it makes no difference if you have a package or not. They swipe your room keycard (SeaPass) for every drink, and you pay at the end of the cruise. You will need to sign the receipt if you don't have a package, but that's the only difference. Even with a package, you sometimes need to sign anyway...

You can pre-register a credit card if you want to just auto checkout at the end of the cruise, or join the queue to pay cash etc.

Twinkle, where did you find the $39 + 18% gratuity package

Twinkle, where did you find the $39 + 18% gratuity package

When I logged into MyCruises on the RC website. You can pre-purchase shore excursions, drink/dining packages and other stuff. I believe there was a special offer on (thank you cruise critic members), so I just decided to go for it. You can cancel and re-purchase if the price comes down again (it didn't in my case, it went up to $42). There is also a package for drinks + WiFi, which was an extra $10 a day. WiFi purchased onboard is $12.99 per day.

Hope this helps!

Hello everyone :)

Im cruising in November on Allure. I booked mine and my hubbys deluxe drink package, and separately a Voom package for one device back in March. We were just going to share the log in at various times.

Low and behold I log into my cruise planner today to consider some specialty dining options and I see that I can get the deluxe drinks package including Voom for one device for cheaper than I got just a drinks package back in March when I booked :eek:.

So now I want to cancel and rebook the to get the better deal as it just makes sense. But......I cant see where to cancel :confused:, can anyone help me :o. Do I have to call to cancel or can I do it online?

Thank you ;)

Hello everyone :)

Im cruising in November on Allure. I booked mine and my hubbys deluxe drink package, and separately a Voom package for one device back in March. We were just going to share the log in at various times.

Low and behold I log into my cruise planner today to consider some specialty dining options and I see that I can get the deluxe drinks package including Voom for one device for cheaper than I got just a drinks package back in March when I booked :eek:.

So now I want to cancel and rebook the to get the better deal as it just makes sense. But......I cant see where to cancel :confused:, can anyone help me :o. Do I have to call to cancel or can I do it online?

Thank you ;)

You can cancel online. Look at your Order History, it should be obvious there.