Cruising on the Pride

LJN22

Saw a report on another thread from someone who embarked Pride this past weekend. He reported that they started letting cars in to the port area around 1130 (Pride docks around 1000). Hope this helps. We're sailing on Pride 23 July and will plan to be there around that time as our check in time is 1230.

I just "googled" it and came up with a site which gives the current location of any cruise ship. I ha it set to the Pride, but if it reverts to the basic screen, just follow the prompts and click for click for the Pride.

I tried listing it, but apparently Cruise Critic won't allow a "rival" site to be shown (understandably). Just Google "to track current location of a carnival ship " and then click on one of the results---I chose the first one and it was easy to find the current location of the Pride---it's so accurate that the Latitude and Longitude changes as the ship moves.

Edited by chocolate melting cake

Last year we got to the port around 10:15. We sat in line to get in the parking lot for about 45 minutes. We were about 15 cars back in one of the lines. Right around 11:00 they let you park. We dropped of our luggage, paid for parking, unloaded, got through security, checked in and were in the FTTF waiting area by 11:30. It was maybe a 30 minute wait before we boarded. Went right to the room and it was ready for us!

The wait to get in the parking lot was a pain, but the alternative was showing up 30-40 minutes later and taking forever to get into the parking lot. You're going to wait one way or the other. I have read that people show up at 1:00 or later and it is a breeze to get into parking, checking in, and board. But I'm guessing you got FTTF to get on the ship as soon as you can, not wait until later!!

Last year we got to the port around 10:15. We sat in line to get in the parking lot for about 45 minutes. We were about 15 cars back in one of the lines. Right around 11:00 they let you park. We dropped of our luggage, paid for parking, unloaded, got through security, checked in and were in the FTTF waiting area by 11:30. It was maybe a 30 minute wait before we boarded. Went right to the room and it was ready for us!

The wait to get in the parking lot was a pain, but the alternative was showing up 30-40 minutes later and taking forever to get into the parking lot. You're going to wait one way or the other. I have read that people show up at 1:00 or later and it is a breeze to get into parking, checking in, and board. But I'm guessing you got FTTF to get on the ship as soon as you can, not wait until later!!

Thanks for the information. I want on the ship as early as possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Be careful about the times posted for LAST YEAR. The arrival and departure times changed by an hour THIS year. Last year arriving at 10 worked great for us. Close to front of line and wait 2 hour to get in. This year we will try 11

Exactly, it was changed this year. We drive to the port and aimed for the 11-1130 and it was perfect. We did 10:00 last year, but the good news is, we can sleep an hour later.

Exactly, it was changed this year. We drive to the port and aimed for the 11-1130 and it was perfect. We did 10:00 last year, but the good news is, we can sleep an hour later.

Should I arrive at the terminal at 11?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Will be on our 7th Pride cruise in Oct 2017. If all is on time and you are parking at the pier most often the lot opens around 11:30. I recommend using the cash line to pay for parking. We never had more than 1 car ahead of us in the cash lane vs 4 lanes for credit card payment.

When we sailed this past April they only had the one set of doors open. if you are Platinum, Diamond or have FTTF you may have to cut the line to show you priority boarding pass to the CCL employee. They will direct you right to the security check point. After security you go to priority check-in and then to the ship. Once we entered the building to the time we got on the ship was about 15 minutes.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the recent info JMAE. But I hate that cutting the line thing. How do you know if others in line are Platinum, etc. before you start running for the front of the line? I know I can ask but what if the ones I ask are Platinum who didn't know to go to the front of the line. :D

I know I said cut the line but you are really not cutting the line, priority passengers have their own line once inside the terminal. We just showed our priority boarding pass no one ever gave us a problem. There are two sets of double doors, one set was locked so everyone went through the same doors.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

Saw a report on another thread from someone who embarked Pride this past weekend. He reported that they started letting cars in to the port area around 1130 (Pride docks around 1000). Hope this helps. We're sailing on Pride 23 July and will plan to be there around that time as our check in time is 1230.

So even though you signed up for 1230 you are going to show up an hour earlier? I'll give that a try if it works lol

So even though you signed up for 1230 you are going to show up an hour earlier? I'll give that a try if it works lol

I'll arrive at the entrance to the port at approx 1130 and join the conga line of cars trying to get in. Which means by the time we enter the parking lot, drop off luggage, pay for parking and find a spot, it will be pretty close to 1230. If not we'll just wait in the car until it's time to get in the Security line for our check-in time...which is 1230. Pretty simple actually. And yeah, you snark is wasted on me.