need some input please...

bentopher

Hey Gang,

Last time I was in St. Thomas was 2005, this time I'm taking my 2 boys and my mom.

We are in port from 1130am - 7pm. There are 5 other ships in port that day, most from 8am-6pm.

What is the best way to do the following (book private or wing it once there)?

We are going March 2018 if that matters (March Break)

I want to do an island tour to show some areas to my family, and I want to spend some time on Meghans Bay.

I know a tax to and from the beach will cost the 4 of us $40 each way! That's already $80, and then add an couple hours for a tour. Any idea what hiring someone for the day might be like cost wise?

I'm thinking touring first, and then beach time so when we are done we can just go back to our ship.

I believe I also read there is a fee to get into Meghans Bay? There are rentals there, but no restrooms or food? correct?

Thanks everyone :)

Magens has restrooms, showers, chairs, food, and drinks. Wonder where you saw that these amenities weren't available. The smenities are one of the reasons the beach is so popular.

You can do an island tour with beach for about $40 per person with minimum 4 per group plus entry fee if you choose Magens as your beach.

If you're interested can recommend drivers.

• 2 weeks later...

There are independent tour guides offering both private tours and shared tours.

Dean't Taxi is also very popular -https://www.deanstaxi.com/

We would want a private driver to really enjoy the day without being tied to a larger group who may want to go to a crowded beach we wouldn't want to go to (majority vote style).

Also, with the crowded port conditions (and most importantly your later arrival time bentopher) I would strongly suggest another beach. All will be busiest when you arrive but Sapphire is a nice beach with pretty island views and amenities/rentals and there's some room to spread out. If you have a private driver he/she can also guide you on a good beach choice for that day.