Newbie asking for activities on the island

CruzinKittie

Setting sail Sept 28 for my 40th birthday! I am looking forward to being on the boat so much I haven't given much thought to the islands. Our stops are at Freeport and Nassau. I don't have a lot of money to spend. What do you suggest we do all day on the island? Thanks!

In Freeport take a taxi Ride to Junkanoo Beach. It is really nice and they have different water sports for nothing. We did Kayaking for $5, they had other water activities. Nassau the straw market, they have a free beach Junkanoo Beach as well. They will have water activities available there too. When my friends and I went on that trip we were on a budget. Those two things worked out well for us.

Haven't been to Freeport but in Nassau you can walk to Queens Staircase, Fort Fincastle and the Water Tower quite easily. It's not a lot of bang but it was pretty and the view from the fort was nice. I haven't been there but some say Ardastra Gardens is a nice place to visit and it's about a 20-30 minute walk from the port. If you like to party there are several bars within walking distance. There is the ever famous Senor Frogs and we seen several others within walking distance of the port.