Carnival's Bread and Butter

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this thread was about Carnival's bread. For the record, I could live the rest of my life on Carnival's bread and butter. Maybe with some jam.

Agreed - I want to do low carb on every cruise and then the first basket of bread.... Sorry your diet is over.

There is no reason to believe that they favor one over the other, and I am certain that they think equally about satisfying both. Any business needs both acquisition and retention to grow. I think that cruising is evolving as an industry, and that may make repeat cruisers feel like the changes in cruising are the result of efforts to make younger (new cruisers) happy, but I doubt the two are directly related.

That said, I think any smart business offers certain incentives to new customers in order to try and win their business. Target asks me every time, "Would you like to open an account today and save 5%?" I respond with "I already have a Target card, can I get the 5%?". They say "No" and we all go about our day. Does Target value new customers more than me? My cable TV company and AT&T universal both offer discounts for new customers. So we switch every time our contract is up. Frankly, I'm surprise Carnival doesn't offer more incentives to first time cruisers.