Statue of Liberty viewing

Toronto Guy

The excitement is that most never get to go under a bridge going over the water. Also the ship doesn't look as of it will clear and how fast the ship is really moving and how fast it passes under it

Like anything else on a cruise it is a novelty and the beginning of a cruise. On the return I doubt if any are interested or care about passing under it or for that matter watching the sail into the harbor or seeing the tribute to the most famous polack in NY, Stasiu of Liberty.

Happy cruising [emoji305][emoji568][emoji631][emoji274]

I agree with you about the reason for the excitement going under the bridge. Also though the whole sail away out of New York is exciting. Going under the bridge is part of the action. So everyone is hyped.

On the return most passengers are still in bed.

I agree with you about the reason for the excitement going under the bridge. Also though the whole sail away out of New York is exciting. Going under the bridge is part of the action. So everyone is hyped.

On the return most passengers are still in bed.

I am an early riser and do like going under the bridge. Also, when leaving, if we look over to NJ after going under the bridge is the town where our NJ home is located. By the way, in case anyone didn't notice on those charts, the Statue of Liberty is actually geographically in New Jersey.

I am an early riser and do like goinAg under the bridge. Also, when leaving, if we look over to NJ after going under the bridge is the town where our NJ home is located. By the way, in case anyone didn't notice on those charts, the Statue of Liberty is actually geographically in New Jersey.

You are right about her being in Jersey. That was settled some years ago. However, she sits in NEW YORK Harbor, lol

As far as sailing under the Verrazzano Bridge, (not over it with its $11.50+ rt toll) it is another neat aspect of sailing out of NY, with the NYC skyline, the Freedom Tower, the Statue of Liberty, and the bridge, not to mention Coney Island and the "beautiful" Belt Parkway.

As far as sailing under the Verrazzano Bridge, (not over it with its $11.50+ rt toll) it is another neat aspect of sailing out of NY, with the NYC skyline, the Freedom Tower, the Statue of Liberty, and the bridge, not to mention Coney Island and the "beautiful" Belt Parkway.

The Verrazano is currently up to $17.00. I couldn't believe it! I have pictures of the bridge approach from the Bicentennial and the toll was 1.00. 17 is crazy, which is why I never go that way.

We were on Anthem a couple of weeks ago and even with being from the immediate area, we loved going under the bridge.

They need to get permission to sail up river. We just sailed Summit July 7th and were only sailing from Bayonne, NJ to Newport, RI for our first port of call. The weather was beautiful, but we did not go up river past the Statue of Liberty. It's really the luck of the draw whether or not you will go. From watching the NYC Harbor Webcam I believe most Summit cruises this season have NOT done the sail by. Yesterday's departure also did not do it.

The Verrazano is currently up to $17.00. I couldn't believe it! I have pictures of the bridge approach from the Bicentennial and the toll was 1.00. 17 is crazy, which is why I never go that way.

We were on Anthem a couple of weeks ago and even with being from the immediate area, we loved going under the bridge.

$11.52 with NY EZ pass. $17.00 via mail. Just saw an article how NY EZ pass gets a discount, not NJ holders. But NY gats no discount on the turnpike, while NJ EZ pass does. Its all a game to them.

I remember when the bridge tolls were .25! Not tge VB

They need to get permission to sail up river. We just sailed Summit July 7th and were only sailing from Bayonne, NJ to Newport, RI for our first port of call. The weather was beautiful, but we did not go up river past the Statue of Liberty. It's really the luck of the draw whether or not you will go. From watching the NYC Harbor Webcam I believe most Summit cruises this season have NOT done the sail by. Yesterday's departure also did not do it.

Not going to the Statue of Liberty probably worked out best for the Summit yesterday: at 5:00 yesterday, just about when the Summit would have approached, there was a potential jumper spotted on the Verrazano Bridge (second this week - both rescued unharmed). Traffic was tied up on the Belt Parkway for quite a while. It is a beautiful bridge, for years it was the longest suspension bridge in the United States. Three people were killed during its construction, so for some people like me who recall watching it being built, it is still viewed with awe and some sadness.

Perfect! We're sailing within a month, and have been looking forward to this wonderful moment. "Give me your tired, your poor. Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."

We were on the July 7th sailing, now with Captain Alex. We did not sail by the statue, sailed straight out. I noticed the last sailing, the 16th also sailed straight out. Summit will sail out today and you can watch on this website to she what she does.

http://www.nyharborwebcam.com

We were on the July 7th sailing, now with Captain Alex. We did not sail by the statue, sailed straight out. I noticed the last sailing, the 16th also sailed straight out. Summit will sail out today and you can watch on this website to she what she does.

http://www.nyharborwebcam.com

They sailed by the Statue of Liberty.