Are the number of platinum and diamond cruisers dwindling?

jayscore

after our trip in augest we need 2 more weeks to become diamond on carnival we are diamond + on royal royal lets you drink free from 4.30 to 8.00 everynight in the diamond lounge wish carnival would do that would do lot more carnival about 70 weeks at sea

Karen ,they have been bringing guest to those parties since the corn shucking :D .

We have never been able to bring guests. They have checked the invitations for the ones I have been to.

As a matter of fact, my husband became platinum before me and he was not able to get me in to any of them.

I would guess it's a matter of who is at the door greeting and checking.

I've always brought a guest with me to the party and haven't ever had any issues getting them in. The invitation has always had my name and mentioned a a guest.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My child will turn platinum at 7 years old if we stick with our Vista sailing next year...I'm at 130 days and see absolutely zero incentive to make it to Diamond. Carnival is not my first choice anymore and we prefer mega ships with all the bells and whistles. Don't get me wrong, we had a blast on our Vista sailing 2 weeks ago, but Carnival is just getting stale for us. NCL and Royal offer much better loyalty programs and I am slowly climbing both tiers and hope to be Diamond on Royal in a few years. You also can't beat the free drink program on NCL.

The short answer is I doubt it. If someone uses the past guest party as a measurement then my theory is that might be flawed.

My family is platinum (special right?) and the party attendance over the past couple of years has depended on what month, if school was in or out and if we sailed over a holiday period. Over holidays and sailings during school months the party has been full. Over the summer the parties have been less crowded, and in my totally non-scientific observation I've seen more blue and red cards lined up for dinner at 5:45 in anticipation of the dining room opening.

I can say that to the ship (an n of 9) the officers look like they'd rather be anywhere but at the party, the party is shorter in length, the bar staff is more plentiful, and the food is better. They also are quick to bring individual drink orders.

The party has been on the last sea day at 5:00 pm, or about the time many choose to pack up after their vacation, so perhaps that is a reason for lesser crowds.

We've gotten in the habit of giving the gift to a someone at our dinner table as well as the Group 1 luggage tags. We self-disembark and walk off right behind the diamonds.

Long winded answer to your question, but I do wonder if the numbers of platinums are electing to take other vacation types instead of the "quest" for being diamond. We are diamond on the next cruise and it might be a while.

I've always brought a guest with me to the party and haven't ever had any issues getting them in. The invitation has always had my name and mentioned a a guest.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have never seen this on any invitation I have received! my name is the only one on my invitation.

Same here. My mom didn't go with me since she wasn't invited and I didn't think it was right to ask. If they wanted her to attend they would have put "and Guest".

Same with me. I turned Platinum on my last cruise. I received the invitation with only my name on it. My husband did not go with me as he is still Gold. He is just at 46 days. I also did not think to ask. On our next cruise he will get up to 60 days since it is a 14 day cruise. Our son will be traveling with us and he is Platinum. So my husband will still be left alone when we go to the party because I am pretty sure the invitations will not say "and guest".

We turned platinum on the Carnival Fantasy this past April. There were about 20 guests at the Platinum/Diamond party. No idea if the number of platinum/diamond guests are increasing or declining. From our observations, there have been very few on the past 4-5 Carnival cruises we have been on BUT those cruises were all shorter 5-6 day cruises. Judging from some of the previous comments, the length of the cruise seems to play a factor in the number of platinum/diamond cruisers onboard.

If we took one Carnival cruise a year, it would take another 11 years of 7 day cruises to get to Diamond. We're already a little burned out with the Carnival experience so my husband and I decided that we'll be fine if we never get to Diamond.

Since they changed to the Plat/Diamond only parties....the invitations are sent 'individually' by name of pax.....in other words, I get one addressed to me and my DH gets one addressed to him ONLY.....there has not been a "+ Guest" on any of them! My son, who is not Platinum on CCL, has not been able to attend with us (and we have asked).:(

I'm sorry for stating my invitation said "and guest" as it didn't. I went and looked as I still have some of my invitations that my GF has in scrapbooks. My GF has attended three Platinum and Diamond parties with me and shes not Plat/Diamond. In my experiences...the staff hasn't ever said anything. Obviously, many are being declined from entering from viewing the posts in this thread.

We have never been able to bring guests. They have checked the invitations for the ones I have been to.

As a matter of fact, my husband became platinum before me and he was not able to get me in to any of them.

I would guess it's a matter of who is at the door greeting and checking.

I've been to two P/D parties, the cruise director was at the door both times but did not ask to see the invitation.

On the Diamond party invitations we receive they say and "guest". On the Diamond Platinum party with the loyalty change came the and "guest " invitation may have disappeared. Most people request to bring a friend at guest services ,never seen anyones request turned down.

Edited by BoDidly

On the Diamond party invitations we receive they say and "guest". On the Diamond Platinum party with the loyalty change came the and "guest " invitation may have disappeared. Most people request to bring a friend at guest services ,never seen anyones request turned down.

All true. We've never seen a guest option for the party. Diamond on the next cruise, whenever that is. Career has won over on bookings for a while...

I think the number of P/D cruisers is GROWING! The party for P/D has gotten bigger every cruise, and the Diamond only get together with the Captain has grown by leaps and bounds over the past 3 or 4 years. I can remember several times when I was the ONLY diamond guest aboard,,,and now,,,,,there ain't a chance of that. I've seen the diamond party held in the piano bar a time or two, and we couldn't all get in, as there were simply too many diamonds.

"SKY"

I agree with SKY. I'm platinum, and not too far from diamond, and can say that priority embarkation and debarkation are way more crowded than they used to be.