pacific star

jimmil

Chaz, to get a view of the ships at the Pinkenba terminal, the best place to go is Barku Ct, Murrarie/Lytton (just off Lytton Rd, Refidex Ref 142 H13).

The best place to watch them sail out is by the Tug & Salvage Facility at Fisherman's Island (end of Howard Smith Drive, Refidex Ref 143 A1). You head out along Lytton Rd to Fishermans Island, and turn left at the Big BP service station you come to when you first get to the island.

You can watch the ships pull away from Pinkenba and then drive to Fisherman's Island to watch it sail past, as long as you don't get stuck in traffic. The Fisherman's Island spot is normally where people go to wave at passengers on the departing ships.

Thanks Kym, your information is excellent. Hopefully I will at least get a look at the Star over the bridge before I have to fly out. Or maybe a glance as I take off. As Frog said, she & Suey will probably use your directions to see her off on her first journey out of Brisbane!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

:) I am glad that your tickets are in as I should also get mine to day when I see my sister later as she get's our for us but she has not told me yet.Must be trying to surprise us.

Darn... Me and my big mouth. Forgot that it was supposed to be a surprise and that we had shown you how to get on here! I was just so excited about getting the tickets I wanted to tell everyone.

Cheers,

Looks like she is in the Suez Canal now!!

but picture is not clear.

http://webcam.princess.com/webcam/pacific_star.jpg

Looks like you were all correct and the Star is making her way through the Suez. At least that is what the heading on the cruise cam says now!! Does anyone know how long it takes to travel from there to here?

Cheers,

pacific_star_suez.jpg.fabccefdf79d95028f1e4987b96f40f6.jpg

Looks like you were all correct and the Star is making her way through the Suez. At least that is what the heading on the cruise cam says now!! Does anyone know how long it takes to travel from there to here?

Cheers,Chaz:)

I do not know how long it will take,but it will be interesting to follow her voyage to Australia and see if she makes a call along the way.

I wonder if she will call somewhere en route, to take on her new crew?

Archived