Homeland Viking Star now

vnb2003

• 2 weeks later...

When you're in Copenhagen, be sure and take a canal boat ride that leaves from Nyhavn. It lasted about an hour and we loved it. There are 2 companies next to each other and one is considerably cheaper than the other--highly recommended by Rick Steves. The company is Netto-Badene, and it's less than a 10-minute walk from the shuttle bus stop.

Hi VNB

>the problem is that this water doesn't taste good at room temperature. You have to have it icy cold. I don't know what it is maybe some minerals or something else but this water is not what we used to.

If the water is in plastic bottles it is because there are chemicals in the plastic that are leaching out into the water.

I suggest that you get a couple of bottles, empty them, rinse them, refill them from your sink.

Rinse after every use.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Ira

Hi VNB

>the problem is that this water doesn't taste good at room temperature. You have to have it icy cold. I don't know what it is maybe some minerals or something else but this water is not what we used to.

If the water is in plastic bottles it is because there are chemicals in the plastic that are leaching out into the water.

I suggest that you get a couple of bottles, empty them, rinse them, refill them from your sink.

Rinse after every use.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Ira

Thank you. It was a mineral water. I read the label. I don't know why I didn't ask for a different kind of water :confused:

• 6 months later...
I was thinking about your dislike of the bottled water. I believe you can get water and ice all day long in the World Cafe. They keep glasses out. We did it for ice for our pop and I think you can get water, too.

Not sure about each ship but on the Sun last fall the WC had no ice available for our two weeks. We had to find a server (easy to do only if we wanted wine) who would then go to the bar and bring us back a glass of ice to use in our water and soft drinks.

Not sure about each ship but on the Sun last fall the WC had no ice available for our two weeks. We had to find a server (easy to do only if we wanted wine) who would then go to the bar and bring us back a glass of ice to use in our water and soft drinks.

Interesting. They had an ice machine at the beverage station on the Star.