Parking @ Marigot & Maho Beach?

PlanetX

My family is coming into St. Maarten next month, and we're considering renting a car and driving to Marigot for shopping/lunch, then to Maho Beach to watch the planes land. (Already went to Orient Beach last time we were at SXM)

What's the parking situation like at Marigot and Maho? If there are lots nearby, where are they and what is the cost? Any information would be helpful, I'm trying to plan this out so we don't have too many surprises! :cool:

My family is coming into St. Maarten next month, and we're considering renting a car and driving to Marigot for shopping/lunch, then to Maho Beach to watch the planes land. (Already went to Orient Beach last time we were at SXM)

What's the parking situation like at Marigot and Maho? If there are lots nearby, where are they and what is the cost? Any information would be helpful, I'm trying to plan this out so we don't have too many surprises! :cool:

There is free street parking and a lot near the sea in Marigot. At Maho we normally drive past the beach and follow the road which turns to the left and park on the side of the road on the right. We have never paid for parking at either of these two places.

We park where karysa does, but apparently you can now park inside the complex attached to Sunset for something like $5 and be reimbursed as a credit for drinks/food at Sunset.

Marigot has free parking, but sometimes it is quite a hike from your car to the central area.

gary