Help First Time Cruisers

momrek06

My hubby and I are headed to the Western Caribbean in January on the Carnival FASCINATION! We already know our cabin is on the EMPRESS DECK towards the AFT (rear) of the SHIP! IS that a good location? :( Any advice for us FIRST TIMERS would be greatly appreciated! Any thoughts on excursions? Post me. momrek06:eek:

My hubby and I are headed to the Western Caribbean in January on the Carnival FASCINATION! We already know our cabin is on the EMPRESS DECK towards the AFT (rear) of the SHIP! IS that a good location? :( Any advice for us FIRST TIMERS would be greatly appreciated! Any thoughts on excursions? Post me. momrek06:eek:

First of all: Congrats! I had an Inside mid-ship on the Elation, Empress deck, and enjoyed it there. Never been aft, but the Empress deck was great for us.

It looks like your ports are Key West and Cozumel. Never been to Key West, but check out the 'Ports of Call' Forum, and you'll find tons there. Tons of advice for first timers-check that Forum as well!

We did Playa Mia in March while in Cozumel-probably would have been better if I didn't have to have my DBF's (dear boyfriend) t-shirt on the entire time to keep the sun off me (darn sunburns-we had already paid for the excursion though and didn't want to cancel). Chair and an umbrella were provided, really wanted a massage on the beach. Did some shopping-wanted to hit Carlos n Charlies but ran out of time. This time my father is doing the Deep Sea Fishing, Mom's shopping, and DBF and I are anticipating 'Private Island' (Passion Island)-but people are talking about it being closed. If not that, we will do Paradise Beach-and Carlos n Charlies after. :D There's TONS of stuff to do!

Have fun!

Mom,

We were on Carnival Fascination a year ago. I believe we were on a lower deck than Empress. Unless you have very rough seas, most areas of the ship aren't that bad. I've never had motion sickness on a ship, but they always say mid ship mid level is best for those who have it. I write down where I think I'll be each day on the ship and in port and see which clothes fit those activities. You will then realize which outfits can be combined into other outfits and what you'll need. For example, I write down top A, B, C, etc. Bottoms A, B, C., etc. Then I see where Top A, Bottom C works for dinner on the ship that night. Top B and Bottom A work for a shore excursion. Hope this helps you.

Archived