Dream or Breeze - which one

I have one both ships, as well as the CARNIVAL MAGIC, so I have compared all three (3) sister ships. In my opinion, the CARNIVAL BREEZE wins hands down. Beautiful decor. If in a suite, thy are different than the other ships. Nice furniture throughout. Now out of dry dock, they had the Alchemy Bar too! Of all three, the CARNIVAL DREAM is my least preferred. Flying into Houston, you have to consider transportation and costs to Galveston. Enjoy whichever you decide on.

Looking at Dream or Breeze in Sept. 2018. Same ports. Taking grandkids 14 &n 9. Been on the Dream several times. Which one would you do? Prices are real close and air seems cheaper in Houston.

If similar ports and fares on the cruises, I would pick the ship I hadn't cruised on yet. They are similar builds in the same class, probably a poster can comment on the slight differences between the two.

I've done them both and we liked the Breeze so much we're doing it again in 2 weeks. The kids will love the sports deck. It has foosball, pool tables, mini golf, the sky ropes course, and free hot dogs. They will also love the 3-D Thrill theater. It's like a Disney ride where the seats move and water sprays you. My kids loved it and the weeks pass was only like $14.95 I think. My kids say there's more to do on the Breeze and that's why they like it so much.

My husband and I like it because it's so beautiful. It doesn't have that neon vegas color scheme. A different person designed this ship and it has a very soft tropical color scheme. The Lido is the prettiest I've seen with the columns looking like trees and the booths look like they're on a tropical island with their soft blue and coral colors. The ship is breathtaking and it just came out of drydock so it's all new again. And they added an Alchemy bar, a Guy Fieri's BBQ, a shopping area in the picture area (you buy pictures at kiosks or on phone now), and lots of other stuff. And with air being cheaper it would be a no brainer for me, I would choose the Breeze hands down. :)

BREEZE no question :-) decor is so much more pleasing to me and staff are great. Can't really say more than anyone else has and I haven't been on the Dream since refurb, but have cruised on both and we decided on Breeze again for our next cruise... tho we are not looking forward to the long drive to TX and back to NC and we don't know anything about the port of Gakeston... but I do know that I didn't really care for cruisingvout of New Orleans. But other people don't feel the same way so.....

Dream twice and Breeze once in between, I much prefer Breeze for all the reasons stated above. Yeah Breeze's Lido cafe is my hands-down favorite of all cruise ships I've sailed. It's just so different and so very pleasing to the eye.

But wait, I believe that Breeze is moving to Port Canaveral in sept 2018....?

As I see it (on a third-party site), after a final 14-day out of Galveston on 9/16/2018, she sails from PC on 9/30 for a six-day cruise. Then its routine seven-day cruises after that, with another fourteen-day on 11/3/2018. OP, I mention all this in case you might be looking at other than seven-day and would be flexible for other dates. But yeah, I definitely vote Breeze, also since you've sailed Dream multiple times.

Edit: And I just noticed, the fourteen-day out of Galveston on 9/16 ends in Port Canaveral, not Galveston. But again a disclaimer, this is from a quick table view on a third-party TA site.

I've been on 22 carnival cruises so far, 5 on the Dream, 2 on the Magic and 2 on the Breeze. There is no bad cruise but I am going back on the Dream for a B2B in September. The Dream is my favorite ship and the Magic is my Wife's favorite. Go figure. Fortunately, I do most of the scheduling. I would pick the Dream over the Breeze. Between the Dream and the Magic.... depends...:hearteyes: :cool:

Hadn't read that this was a done deal, if it is, we need to go ahead and book our Breeze cruise this TXgiving.

To OP, we sailed the Dream and the Magic and they were both pretty nice, if we can do the same only different at the same cost we'd do different. We drove 4 extra hours to get to NOLA instead of Galveston and it was not bad at all. Sounds like you you'd be doing the exact opposite so I vote for Breeze for you and for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hadn't read that this was a done deal, if it is, we need to go ahead and book our Breeze cruise this TXgiving.

It better be a done deal because a lot of people have booked cruises on the Breeze out of Port Canaveral including us. We booked the 14 day on November 3, 2018 back in March. I don't think they would be taking bookings for this if they weren't planning on moving the ship.

I have sailed the Breeze three times and it's by far my favorite ship! Sailed the Magic once and It was just okay for me. Going on the Dream in November and I'm really excited to experience it!