Allure or Liberty

My brother and his family are new to cruising and are considering a Western Caribbean cruise. Having never sailed on RCI, I wanted to ask the experts. Has anyone sailed both Liberty and Allure? His kids are in their teens, and there was not a big price difference between the two itineraries they looked at. TIA.

If you are flying in, you will find it much easier to get to the port in Fort Lauderdale than to get from either Houston airport to Galveston. I personally cruise mostly on Liberty since I am driving distance to that port.

We have been on both and they are both great ships.

Saying that, with teenagers, I would say Allure. It is an awesome ship. I love it, even more than Oasis; Great shows, just the entire vibe of the ship is amazing

Hi There.

I have been on both ships and either one would be great. I would take Allure if the prices are close as the have a little more for the teens to do and double some things such as the flowrider's and rock climbing walls. Either way I am sure they would have an amazing time no matter which one they chose. I think Liberty is a little personal and the Allure is more small city like. Everyone on both were amazing though. Check out videos on Youtube. Hope they enjoy!:)

I have sailed both in the last year. Personally, I prefer the smaller size of Liberty, but that may be because I am more used to the Freedom Class. On Allure, I got turned around more than a few times. :confused: That said, I would much rather sail out of Fort Lauderdale than Galveston. Because of that, I would choose Allure. There is so much to do and see, you really can't go wrong.

I've been on both and enjoyed each. If cost is comparable, Allure has so much to offer. The aqua theater and diving show and Central Park are really cool. Plus, there are more do in venues like Park Cafe which have things like free bags of Doritos. The slides on Liberty were not there when I sailed. Fort Lauderdale is a very easy port to get to so thats nice for Allure. If you can save a lot of money, Liberty is nice as well.

I've sailed on Liberty twice and on Allure last March. Liberty has added water slides and refurbished the H20 Zone. My 12-year-old granddaughter loved the big water slides, and my 5-year-old granddaughter loved the new H2O Zone (which is renamed). Allure has the Aqua Show (which Liberty doesn't). That's really amazing to see, and they also do a Madagascar show there later in the week. Allure also has the Central Park & Boardwalk which Liberty doesn't have, and there's the very popular carousel on Allure on the Boardwalk. If you want to see more of the ocean as you're walking around, then Liberty is better; Allure is geared more towards the park & Boardwalk which are in the center of the ship. As far as getting to the port if you're flying, Ft. Lauderdale is definitely easier than Galveston. It's a quick taxi ride from the airport in Ft. Lauderdale. For Galveston, you have to fly into probably Hobby Airport in Houston & then arrange for cruiseline transportation to Galveston. You can't go wrong with either ship, though. They're both great!