Fresh Brewed Iced Tea - Carnival Dream

Lucy, what a great idea! I also miss my fresh brewed tea when cruising. None of the tea on the ship is good. Now, I am thinking I need a small pitcher to take with me so I can have my tea. Would prefer it to drinking Diet Coke. Most of the time I drink water, but want something different and the two options I like are tea and DC. Would rather take a small pitcher and some tea bags than drag along a 12 pack of DC's.

I'm a coke zero person myself and just read Coke is discontinuing it! But I always mix Carnival's ice tea with a bit of their lemonade - and I personally think it makes it a tasty drink!

So your way to prepare and enjoy tea is the only way. Roger that.

Wow - you read WAY to much into my comment.

I could care less how anyone drinks their tea. Iced, hot, cold brew, sun brew, sugar, splenda, sweet - n- low, unsweet. Shoot - don't drink tea! IDC! Did I really need to put a ;) on the end of that for you to know that was a personal comment and not intended to reflect anyone else? Not to mention that by correct beverage I was referencing the ordering of sweet tea in the north.

This is the problem with these boards - people are now seeming to come here more and and fighting over the stupidest things.

Everyone needs to take a big deep breath...

You know you're in the south when every restaurant serves Iced Tea, including authentic ethnic restaurants. Not that I'm complaining, I love that I can go into a Thai restaurant and get a glass of sweet tea.

As a side note, this thread made me thirsty and I had to go make some Iced Tea.

I don't drink it with sugar anymore...'cause it's not good for me! But it wasn't til I started traveling north that I had no idea people didn't know how to make "tea" and you had to say "sweet tea" or heaven forbid add your own sugar which doesn't dissolve - again yuck - to get the correct beverage!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To keep things sane in this house. I make the unsweetened tea. My son hates it sweet. My compromise is making simple syrup. 1/2 sugar 1/2 water batch. At least I don't have the sugar stuck at the bottom of the glass. I suppose I could make both types but not enough room in the fridge for that.

I'm a coke zero person myself and just read Coke is discontinuing it! But I always mix Carnival's ice tea with a bit of their lemonade - and I personally think it makes it a tasty drink!

I hope not. I never was that much of a coke zero fan, but I am acquiring a taste for it. I don't like Diet Coke that much either, so sometimes I mix it half zero and half diet. But I do prefer Coke Zero when I have Malibu. It has a hint of something so its just a little spicier. It works well with Mailbu which is really sweet.

I have learned a lot about Ice Tea from this thread. I like it okay. I sometimes order it instead of soda when its super hot or something, but generally I will prefer soda. I don't make it all that often at home, but when I do, we drink it. I don't do sweet tea unless its with splenda. I do like the Gold Peak Diet tea. But other than that, I never noticed a difference in a brand of tea bag or between regular and cold brew (I know that there are some that are supposed to be for ice tea specifically, but did not notice the difference). I don't care whether it sits in the sun or, pour hot tea over ice to make it cold, or if it sits in the refrigerator. I never noticed any difference in taste. LOL But even with my unrefined tea palate, I can tell you carnival's ice tea is gross. It tastes old and instant. Lemonade is pretty good, but pretty strong. Some people mix half and half but I don't because I don't like lemon in my tea and also because the tea is bad tasting.

and you had to say "sweet tea"

This is the language I question and I made a polite point that we both hail from the Commonwealth which you chose to ignore. I play well with others here but agree some do not, it's a public message board and people have opinions and I could not care less if they are contrary to my own but I do clarify now and then.

If there is a hot water dispenser and you have a teabag, you can make tea anywhere. I can't understand why people drink bad tea, instant tea or er, sweet tea. Apology in advance to all the sweet tea drinkers in the world. Cheers!

Ps I am from the south too and was raised to drink tea without additional sugar. I just read this thread entirely and so want to add that I mean no offense to sweet tea drinkers. Er, Cheers again... insert imaginary tea-stained smiley

Edited by gtwain

Glad to help. Community is my fave cold brew brand, but Lipton will do. We drink Community, Luzianne, or Red Diamond at home. I suggested mixing hot water w sugar as a way to get the sugar to dissolve. You'll be stirring all day if you want sugar dissolving in cold water.

The Lido tea taste like swill to me. I'll drink the coffee, but not tea. In the MDR, ask for hot tea & a glass of ice. Add your sweetener to the hot tea & pour it over the ice. Viola! Sweet tea w supper.

This is the language I question and I made a polite point that we both hail from the Commonwealth which you chose to ignore. I play well with others here but agree some do not, it's a public message board and people have opinions and I could not care less if they are contrary to my own but I do clarify now and then.

Oh I got the CW thing. You just seemed mad and like you misunderstood. Yeah...I, well now my son, has to say "sweet tea" to get the drink he wants we he goes north. Down here, you just ask for tea and if they are unclear they will ask sweet or unsweet. Head down into the Carolinas and good luck getting unsweet - you might as well ask for milk and sugar for your grits 'cause you're gonna get a face!:')